Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB - USB Disconnects

Hi all,

So just to give everyone an update. While the most recent update of iCUE should fix it for the majority of users, we are still working on a fix for everyone else. If anyone is still having the disconnect issue please email icuedisconnect@corsair.com. The Logs are a big help on our end and will hopefully help us recreate and resolve the issue.

Here are the instructions George posted in another thread.

SUBJECT: iCUE Disconnect

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: (ie - "H100i disconnects randomly" or "HX1200i PSU not recognized")

Then, go to iCUE, export your system config, and attach it to the email:

MDaucAq.png

Please also include:

* Are you running any other monitoring software? (Afterburner, AI Suite, etc)

* On your motherboard, which connector are you using for Commander Pro, PSU, Cooler, or other device?

* Which game launchers, if any, are running? (Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc)

Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given you are having more problems than most (more than just disconnects) can you please list out what motherboard you are using along with how you have the cooler connected (i.e. Plugged directly into the motherboard or into a hub of some sort). What other software are you running along with iCUE (other MB software or hardware reporting programs if any). Would be a lot easier to help you trouble shoot your system.

I have an "Asus ROG Strix z390-F Gaming" motherboard with latest BIOS. The cooler is connected as per instructions from the bundled manual. No Hub, no nothing. The two fans connected to the leads from the pump/cooler head, the single lead from the pump/cooler head to the motherboard "CPU FAN1". The USB cable from the pump/cooler head to a free USB slot on the motherboard. 100% New clean Windows 10, 1809 Workstation Edition. As for other software, I pretty much only have: Discord, Steam, Ark Survival, Overwatch, Origin, Apex Legends, HWiNFO, GeForce Experience, Filezilla, iCUE.

Edited by Xaero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New update out. Problem still not solved. Sad to see a good old company put out a product this bad. I spoke to my retailer, I will return the H100 Platinum and swap it for a Noctua NH‑U12A which outperforms the H100 anyway.

Anyone who find this thread, save yourself the trouble and don't buy these AIO's until you have a confirmed fix.

• 1 month later...

Just chipping in with I also seem to have this problem.

I think I tried all the solutions posted, however, it seems none of them work. Currently, I'm forced to use a constant solid color or turn off the light in order to use the computer without USB error every 5 sec. which also freeze the computer for like half a sec. Absolutely horrendous in games.

Hopefully, this gets addressed soon.

Returning mine. Had strange issues with my H150 as well. I believe this is a USB power draw issue. I am having all kinds of issues with my Rift S losing connection when the H100i platinum changes profiles (or loads the default on boot).

Similar things happened with the 150. 3 different motherboards, 2 different chipsets.

Taking the the unit off of the internal USB header fixed everything. Maybe worth trying a USB 3.0 A plug and run it outside the case to test, but I've had it with the troubleshooting myself. Back to custom loop.

• 3 weeks later...
Returning mine. Had strange issues with my H150 as well. I believe this is a USB power draw issue. I am having all kinds of issues with my Rift S losing connection when the H100i platinum changes profiles (or loads the default on boot).

Similar things happened with the 150. 3 different motherboards, 2 different chipsets.

Taking the the unit off of the internal USB header fixed everything. Maybe worth trying a USB 3.0 A plug and run it outside the case to test, but I've had it with the troubleshooting myself. Back to custom loop.

I actually did this for a while. Ran a usb cable from the CPU Cooler to outside the case. It was good, for a while. Then it just started happening again after a restart.

Right now I have it set it one color, white. It used to disconnect every minute, now its been good for a whole 4 mins so far. Will update with more details if it messes up again, but this is ridic. I bought TWO because of this and I doubt I will be able to return the second one considering how long its been (since I had to replace the rads, remove the fans and everything because it's a closed loop it took a while to gather the will power to do it).

I noticed that if I set HWINFO64 polling rate very low (for example 100ms) my h100i platinum goes crazy, connects and disconects every few seconds, wrong temp readings etc...

Mines is set to 2000ms (default I think).

In any case, after changing the RAM+Cooler+RGB Node to White only in iCue, my h100i has been on a record 12 hours no disconnect. So Corsair, there's that. BTW, I found this on Reddit and there are literally hundreds of people-if not thousands in other language interwebs-having this same issue.

• Corsair Employees
I noticed that if I set HWINFO64 polling rate very low (for example 100ms) my h100i platinum goes crazy, connects and disconects every few seconds, wrong temp readings etc...

HWInfo has a setting that will conflict with our drivers. We recommend disabling this feature through HWInfo's settings. It can be located under "Safety" > Uncheck "CorsairLink and Asetek Support".

• 2 weeks later...
HWInfo has a setting that will conflict with our drivers. We recommend disabling this feature through HWInfo's settings. It can be located under "Safety" > Uncheck "CorsairLink and Asetek Support".

Just registered to make you guys and other users of Corsair products aware this same issue exists with the Aida64 hardware monitoring software. The moment I installed it I ran into the disconnect problem that had NOT ever occurred previously.

I have the H100i platinum cooler. THANK YOU for this post about HWInfo! After seeing it, I went into Preferences in Aida64, then Stability, then unchecked Asetek LC Sensor Support, Corsair AXi sensor support, Corsair HXi/RMi sensor support, Corsair Hydro Platinum sensor support, and Corsair Link sensor support. Doing this solved my disconnects.

I'm concerned that there may be other programs out there that will interfere in some way in the future.. Since this is a known solution and both Aida64 and HWInfo are trying to support the Corsair product, it would be amazing if you could work with them on a potential solution that doesn't involve turning off their services. It may help with other programs too. If this is already being worked on please ignore, and thanks again! :D

Edited by Tessachka

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed he rgb blip and annoying windows notification by changing the cpu fan settings in the BIOS settings on my msi gaming plus MB.

I one-click selected PWM fan type setting for the CPU FAN (changes the fans power settings to PULSE WIDTH MODULATION) and that stopped the issue. What prompted me to do this : I noticed the rpm reading on my cpu fan (corsair pump driver was 0 rpm, as soon as I switched over to PWM type it bumped to 1200RPM.

IF YOU'RE HAVING THIS RGB BLIP PROBLEM YOUR CPU PUMP MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE OPERATING AND YOUR CPU MAY FAIL!

From what I gather, the usb power connector for the cpu pump (thicker cable) only provides power to the pump and does not actually control the rate of flow for the pump. this control is prompted by temperature readings from the motherboard and gives feedback to the 4 prong cpu cooler connector that plugs into the thinner wires coming out of the Corsair cooler head. Typically the factory cpu fan always comes on immediately at power up, however the low variable output may not be enough to get the Corsair cooler pump going. PWM is also ironically the preferred electrical current signal method to control dimming of RGB LEDs:idea:

• 1 month later...

I do not HWINFO64 installed

I bought one of these splitters on Amazon to see if this would help with the disconnects, but they are still happening. I might have to try the NZXT hub like others mentioned in other forum posts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just built my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I have mixed feelings about seeing other people having the same issue. I'm glad that I am not the only one with problems, but I am disappointed in Corsair that this is still an issue with very little communication.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well i have the same problem.

- The Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM has flickering lighting in a frequency of approximately twice a minute, with the profiles supplied by Corsair as a self-written profile;

- With a fixed color profile, for example white, the problems are identical only with a much lower frequency of the malfunction;

- Sometimes the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM can no longer be controlled via the Corsair iCUE software after a few snaps, after restarting the computer i can controll the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM again;

I have installed and reinstalled Corsair iCUE, also followed all instructions, this was not a solution to the problem. The frimeware of the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM is up to date but I have reinstalled it, this also does not solve the problem.

- all USB connections have been tested and it works properly.

- all other hardware I have from corsair works properly.

On this forum I see that this is a longer-standing problem, and it's time for Corsair to come up with a solution. Because multiple users experience the same problems, I don't think it is the computers.

I apologize if my English is bad.

Signed

Dave.PC

Edited by Dave-PC

Well i have the same problem.

- The Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM has flickering lighting in a frequency of approximately twice a minute, with the profiles supplied by Corsair as a self-written profile;

- With a fixed color profile, for example white, the problems are identical only with a much lower frequency of the malfunction;

- Sometimes the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM can no longer be controlled via the Corsair iCUE software after a few snaps, after restarting the computer i can controll the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM again;

I have installed and reinstalled Corsair iCUE, also followed all instructions, this was not a solution to the problem. The frimeware of the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM is up to date but I have reinstalled it, this also does not solve the problem.

- all USB connections have been tested and it works properly.

- all other hardware I have from corsair works properly.

On this forum I see that this is a longer-standing problem, and it's time for Corsair to come up with a solution. Because multiple users experience the same problems, I don't think it is the computers.

I apologize if my English is bad.

Signed

Dave.PC

In the meantime I have done some troubleshooting with regard to my Corsair H100i Platium. I started at the beginning

1. a clean installation of Windows 10 --> no problems

2. all drivers installed and updated to the newest available version --> no problems

3. all other software installed such as office, steam etc. --> no problems

4. And finally my sensor software AIDA64. --> problems!

After the installation of AIDA64, my H100i RGB Palatum faltered, conects and disconects. After uninstalling AIDA64, I tried similar sensor software, such as CPU-Z and many other sensor software. I had exactly the same results with every piece of sensor software.

CONCLUSION:

The Corsair H100i RGB Palatum cannot work with any sensor software, with the exception of Corsair iCUE. In my case, the De Corsair H100i RGB Palatum works perfectly without sensor software. Corsair must ensure that the De Corsair H100i RGB Palatum can also work with sensor software from third parties

Signed

Dave.PC

I posted about these disconnects with my H115i quite awhile ago - https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187710 (05-26-2019)

Mine is still doing it, as well. As far as monitoring software, I don't run anything but GPU Tweak II from Asus for my 1080Ti, and Intel XTU for my CPU. I don't have Aida64 or HWinfo64 installed on here. It seems to mostly happen when I'm in games. It's happened in Assassin's Creed games, Overwatch, Division 2, and probably others that I'm forgetting, and at one point the colors went totally static and couldn't be changed because it wasn't even showing in iCue. It's been an issue for nearly a year now, is there any fix on the horizon? It's severely irritating to be playing a game and hear the USB disconnect/reconnect prompts anywhere from 5 to 20+ times in a row while my pump and fans flash on and off.

I had the same issue. It's seems to be fixed now that I've changed from the rainbow setting. A bit disappointed that it took a lot of research to pin it down to the Corsair. Like Isomelos I was thinking it could be a motherboard, PSU, hardware etc issue. Thank goodness I came across this forum otherwise parts would have been bought without a need. In my research I came across this resource which links to a useful USB tool for identifying problem devices. It didn't help flag the Corsair but I can see it's a useful utility. https://techviral.net/stop-random-usb-connect-disconnect-noises-in-windows/

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading the iCUE software to the newest version, my H100i is totally messed up. It started during the first reboot, when the cpu fan error appeared. I had to go into the QFan settings and ignore the fan speed limit. After I got into windows, the iCUE does not detect the AIO. Fans are running at maximum speed, the RGB does not work. Every 30 - 60 sec. I get a disconnection sound.

I reinstalled the whole software, manually removed the drivers, even set up a clean windows installation on a separate SSD - nothing helped.

The AIO can be seen in the device manager though.

Please help :(

In my online researching CPU AIO Coolers, I found in the review reads of most, this reoccurring theme complaint issue with the RGB lighting.

I followed this issue into several forums. The consensus for most was a software issue cause.

A problem I believe Corsair has become aware of and has likely been working on a fix.

Because I have no interest in RGB lighting effects, I have elected not to connect the USB for mine at present. If I learn of a solid fix, I may then engage their use.

I have spoken with the local computer web stores, and we have come to the conclusion that the frimeware of the corsair H100i RGB Platium cannot handle sensor software, such as AIDA64 and CPU-Z. After I had uninstalled this software, all problems had disappeared.