Corsair Community

confused about icue controllers

nonamename

commander pro

lighting node core

lighting node pro

I'm confused why there are so many hubs.

If you have commander pro, do you need lighting node core? I bought a case with the node core but I already have a commander pro... The case has the LL120 fans. Do the LL120 fans not work with commander pro?

Also, is lighting node pro only for rgb strips and not fans?

I really can't uderstand why the FAQ from Zotty can't answer your questions...

commander pro

lighting node core

lighting node pro

You missed RGB Fan Hub and Commander Core from your list

I'm confused why there are so many hubs.

Maybe beacuse Corsair has released different products in different times?

If you have commander pro, do you need lighting node core?

The CoPro ha 2 LED ports, here you can plug a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or directly some LED strips. The LNC instead is meant to plug directly into an USB header, so you can plug your RGB fans into it and get rid of the CoPro.

But when you come to connecting your fans RPM cables, where are you gonna plug them? Do you have enough FAN headers in your mobo? And also if you have, you won't be able to control them via iCue.

So the answer to your question could be "yes", "no" and "yes and no".

I bought a case with the node core but I already have a commander pro... The case has the LL120 fans. Do the LL120 fans not work with commander pro?

Yes for RPM management, no for RGB management.

Also, is lighting node pro only for rgb strips and not fans?

Can't answer for sure, as I've never owned a NoPro... but I guess no.

My advice is:

- take a look at the diagrams you find at the end of Zotty's FAQ, they can help you

- decide what stuff are you going to put in you case and see if what you already have is enough

- then post in the right section, ICUE Software is the right place, maybe you can find more users that can help you.

Baio

lighting node core has 4 pin connectors ONLY for fan connectors (RGB for 6 fans of the same model).

Lighting node pro has 2 RGB outputs (3 pin).

You can connect to these :

-HydroX custom loop watercooling components RGB

-LED strips

-Fan RGB hubs (giving you the same functionality as the Node Core : 6 RGB fans of the same model)

So you can connect a fan RGB hub on one channel, and strips on the other.. something you can't do on the node core.

Commander pro is more or less like a Node pro with fan speed control added on top plus some bells and whistles (temp sensor input, internal USB hub..)

Commander core is a commander pro "light", stripped of its two RGB channels to support just Fan RGB.

In your case, you could remove the Node pro, plug the RGB fan hub to one of the commander pro's RGB channels. The second channel you can use for LED strips.