Corsair Community

Void RGB vs Void Pro RGB what did you do?!

Orion13622

So after having my Void RGB Wireless headset for about a year, I noticed the battery started losing it's charge. Looking for a replacement, I purchased the Void Pro RGB.

Set up was pretty much the same, but the sound difference is where you guys messed up.

My original Void RGB Wireless sound so much better than these Pro RGB Wireless.

No matter what you do with the EQ, they still sound muffled. Along with that the microphone side tone is not as defined as the Void RGB.

I'm wondering what you guys did to make this product worse than the original. Usually when the word Pro is added to a product, this signifies some sort of improvement. So far there isn't any other than the automatic mic shut off when you lift the boom up.

I'm wondering what you plan on doing to rectify this, or should I just return these and get another Void RGB Headset?

Hi Orion13622,

This shouldn't be the typical case, as the PRO has better earpads that should allow for better sound. If yours isn't sounding great, put in a ticket with our support so they can look further into it.

http://support.corsair.com

Put a ticket in to do exactly what? The ear pads are smaller than the original Void RGB headset and the sound quality is absolutely terrible. It's muffled, and no matter what adjustments that are made in iCue for the Equalizer, they don't even come close to the clarity of my Void RGB's.

I have done a lot of research on the Void RGB Pro headset, and the reviews are absolutely terrible, ranging from loose fitting, to dull sound, to terrible surround sound. All of which I have been experiencing with my Pro headset. To be honest, I'd much rather spend the money for another Void RGB Wireless than hold on to these. There isn't any improvement over the original, they are actually worse. Microphone doesn't pick up your voice like the Void RGB, and you feel like you're wearing a bag over your ears.

I strongly suggest that your RnD department listen to a set of Void RGB Wireless, then these and tell me why the sound is less, the surround sound is terrible, and the mic doesn't pick up your voice like the originals.

To finalize my point, it seems very apparent that you have a problem with this product or there wouldn't be so many other angry customers who are experiencing the exact same symptoms that I have described. No sir, returning these for a refund and buying another Void RGB Wireless.

Good day.

Hi Orion13622,

This shouldn't be the typical case, as the PRO has better earpads that should allow for better sound. If yours isn't sounding great, put in a ticket with our support so they can look further into it.

http://support.corsair.com

I have exchanged these for another pair, figuring I would give them one more try (hey could have had a defective product from the start, so...)

Will update when I try them out.

Update: After charging the new exchanged pair of Void Pro RGB and listening to them extensively, apparently the pair that I originally purchased had an issue. These have more full range than the Void RGB of which the Void RGB seems to bring out more treble in the sound.

The Void Pro RGB has more bass to them, and this particular pair is not suffering from the Surround Sound issues that the previous pair did. They actually sound good.

Sorry for the frustration, but I would say that it seems like a lot of these headsets may have some sort of defect and should be looked into. Certainly glad I stuck with Corsair, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Archived