Corsair Community

Cmw16gx4m2k4000c19 4*8

KirakosovGeorgy

Hi

I have Asus maximus xi formula, Intel i9 9900ks

and 4 sticks CMW16GX4M2K4000C19

If I turn on the profile XMP1 (4000 MHz 1.35v), the computer constantly restarts with 4 sticks. If I Install 2 sticks- computer starts and works fine. If I turn off xmp 1, computer starts fine with 4 sticks (2133 MHz, 1.2 v)

May be my motherboard does not support 4 sticks with profile xmp1?

1.jpg.9c2f2c08068da10c64f8965f82b5d9a5.jpg

Edited by KirakosovGeorgy

No, your system is having trouble with the timings and/or voltage settings. This is overclocking like any other and there is no universal setting that works for everything. Also, be aware Asus sets their BIOS to create an entirety separate profile when you change it to XMP. Any settings you altered in the BIOS may revert to default, especially those in the Extreme Tweaker column.

To that end, check on your VCCIO and SA voltages at the bottom of the Tweaker section. Asus uses some really high values. This is not something where more is better, but hotter. Try 1.20v for both.

However, if you can’t make it past memory training in the initial boot cycle, IO/SA is probably not to blame. Try setting the primary timings (19-23-45?) manually into the DRAM timings section. And now that I had to think about your timings and check the part number, you are running two kits of 2x8 and not 4x8, aren’t you? XMP will never work mixing kits. You’ll have to overclock manually.

The mixed kits is likely why XMP won't work. You will have to overclock them manually. This is not as difficult as it seems and since you have the two kits already, worth trying before switching to anything else. I am running the same motherboard and with a Dominator 4x8 3600C16 kit that runs 4000 17-19-39 easily. I expect your kit can run 4000 without issue as well.

Yes, CMW32GX4M4K4000C19 is the 4x8 matched set for that kit. XMP should work. It would otherwise be identical to what you have.

With CMW64GX4M4K3600C18, you are getting into something different. 4x16 is likely harder to clock to 4000 than 4x8 single sided modules. There isn't anything special about the timings on that kit, so unless you really need 64 GB of RAM right now, there isn't a good reason to go for this one. Very few people do.