Corsair Community

For quite some time my Corsair H100i V2 and CPU have been overheating (55+c and 75-80c, respectively), generally while under heavy load like gaming, but also occasionally while doing simple tasks like running file explorer and Google Chrome. I installed my H100i V2 on 12/26/2016, and until recently it cooled my processor very well, averaging about 50-60c while playing games like Overwatch in 4k (max settings). But for the past 3 months or so, I have been getting 75-80c and even higher on my CPU (FX8350) and 45-55c on my cooler which has been causing my PC to freeze and even shut down without warning (no shutting down... windows message). I already replaced the power supply, so this is not a power/voltage issue.

On Corsair Link, it says my pumps and fans are running fine (2700rpm and 2040rpm, respectively). But whenever I launch software or games my temperatures immediately spike and the corsair light on my cooler turns solid red. For a while, I can play games while getting around 80c on my CPU and around 50c on my cooler, but eventually it will cause my PC to freeze.

If it's of any relevance, one of the tubes on my cooler is rather warm and the other is cold while running. I assumed this is normal but maybe not. Also, I installed the fans so that they would intake air from the top of my case and blow air down into my case, towards the ground. Perhaps there is a better way? Though, this setup was working great for a while, so I don't believe it's a problem with installation, rather something is failing on me, and I don't believe it's the pump or fans. I've used an air compressor to dust out the radiator (though, I haven't taken it apart for a clean yet), and I've made sure that all the cords are plugged into the motherboard and cooling unit. I've never tried overclocking on my CPU.

Thank you very much in advance, any information on the matter is greatly appreciated.

You have a blockage or some other type of flow restriction. No, it isn’t normal and unfortunately there is no remedy for you other than to replace the cooler. If you have the purchase invoice, contact Corsair through the ticket system to start the RMA procedure. Ask for the advance RMA if you can (new unit shipped first with a credit card hold). Otherwise, it is time to pick out a new cooler or upgrade in size.

• 11 months later...
My motherboard stopped working and was burnt out. I replaced it with asus z170 Maximus VIII hero. My cpu 6700k i7, using h100i v2 cooler , when booted the cpu would go from 40 degrees Celsius to 90 within a few minutes. My suspicion is the cooler not working properly. Upon inspecting further there’s this yellowish paste on the outer sides. Not sure what this is? Any ideas? Could this be connected to first dead mobo?

E82DA395-251C-4FC6-BDA1-5C21914D85F5.thumb.jpeg.cea0f47f7fa9018a23d265c481862f9a.jpeg

DEBE7930-EDC6-48B3-A2A7-363B13A0EAC7.thumb.jpeg.68ce96a1058de814a93f6e727faf8d93.jpeg

78A1A866-6385-4B02-9416-5E6A1B4A504A.thumb.jpeg.d052de58ee20e700676f1ba45529515d.jpeg