Corsair Community

Force 3 120GB - Firmware upgrade won't find disk. Current FW is version 1.0

bailuff

Hello, I am having a difficult time finding firmware to upgrade from 1.0. I am hoping that the firmware version 1.0 is the cause of me having to secure erase and reinstall Windows 7 every 45-90 days. I am experiencing the same Windows stops responding, then taskbar goes away, then BSOD issues that many other seem to be having.

This leads me to run a VERY LONG and painful check disk and the computer finds all sorts of bad sectors and then runs fine for like a week. After the week of running correctly it begins BSOD every 2 or 3 days, culminating in BSOD every 5 hours. Check disk again, rinse repeat. :[pouts:

I have tried most everything I can muster with my Googlefu and still cannot get the update utility to find my drive. I have worked through all of my bios settings for power management. My port is set to AHCI. I am using a high quality SATA III cable. I am connected to the INTEL controller on my board and not the Marvell Controller. My antivirus is off. I am running the update tool as administrator. I have run this firmware update on 7 drives at work, I have a good clue as to how it SHOULD be done :(: I am wondering if being at FW version 1.0 is preventing the update tool from seeing the drive?

I WOULD request an RMA and be done with this, but I need my computer for work, even a BSOD ridden box is better than NO box until they receive and replace my drive. Any ideas on the drive firmware upgrade? The tools bundled with the Force 3 120GB versions 1.2 and 1.33 firmware fail to find my drive. Does anyone know if Corsair will do a hot swap? As in send me a replacement (HOPEFULLY with up to date firmware?) that I can install and get running before sending my drive in?

I bought this drive for myself and one for a coworker build I was doing based upon the corsair name and reviews. He had to have his drive RMA'd after 4 months. Looks like my persistence may have bought me an extra 60 days, but I tell ya what, this has been a MASSIVE hassle. I had another (not to be named here) 40 GB ssd for 2 years that never gave me a hitch before I put this one in for the added storage space :( I WANT to LOVE my Corsair drive, but I'm getting closer to using it for target practice with my PT1911...

Archived