Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there's no advantage to using ckb with a non rgb keyboard.

When I first plugged my K70 in, the modifier keys weren't remapping properly. So I found CKB, and it worked great after that.

Good memories.

If you are trying to use a Corsair keyboard on a Mac and you're able to return it, I suggest you do so. It's only a matter of time before you'll have to upgrade to Sierra, and then it won't work properly.

Do you asking for alternatives from other manufacturers? That's not allowed here (see number 9 of the forum rules). :roll:

If you asking for alternatives from Corsair: I don't think there is any Corsair keyboard with official Mac OS support. ;):

So Mac users can flock to their forums to discuss this unofficial Mac driver that they've been leeching from, but we can't ask about alternatives when said driver is broken?

When I first plugged my K70 in, the modifier keys weren't remapping properly. So I found CKB, and it worked great after that.

Good memories.

If you are trying to use a Corsair keyboard on a Mac and you're able to return it, I suggest you do so. It's only a matter of time before you'll have to upgrade to Sierra, and then it won't work properly.

So Mac users can flock to their forums to discuss this unofficial Mac driver that they've been leeching from, but we can't ask about alternatives when said driver is broken?

I'm with you. I have been using the K70 on my Mac for a few months and I absolutely love this keyboard! But now I am going to put my K70 rgb up for sale on ebay and buy another brand keyboard that supports Mac. I will never buy another Corsair product again. It blows my mind that the engineers can not create a Mac driver for us.

It blows my mind that Apple can ****up an OS so much that a simple keyboard driver doesn't work anymore.

My dev friend suspects that they're gearing up to produce keyboards with 3D touch. Like, instead of holding shift to capitalize, you'll just press harder - stuff like that.

I'm with you. I have been using the K70 on my Mac for a few months and I absolutely love this keyboard! But now I am going to put my K70 rgb up for sale on ebay and buy another brand keyboard that supports Mac. I will never buy another Corsair product again. It blows my mind that the engineers can not create a Mac driver for us.

PM me if you find a good alternative.

Edited by Makram

I have completely removed CKB and have a fully functioning keyboard, including media keys, besides being able to control colors. For the color I setup a static profile in Windows and saved it to the hardware. Used system presences to swap the command and option key to match the Mac Keyboard layout. And created Automator Serivces to handle any macros.

Has anyone tried creating a complete map for one of these keyboards yet? It looks like it is just XML but I haven't had time to mess with it. Here is the documentation for it in macOS Sierra: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2056/_index.html

• Like 1

I have completely removed CKB and have a fully functioning keyboard, including media keys, besides being able to control colors.

I was just coming back to report the same thing!

I'm dumb, and I was using CKB even though my keyboard isn't RGB.

When I first got my K70, the Option and Command keys were swapped. This drove me nuts, so I tried to remap them in the System Preferences. But for some reason, that wouldn't work. So I searched for a driver and found CKB. Installed it, used it to remap, and it worked great.

With the Sierra glitches, I gave up and put the K70 in my closet. But then I read someone asking, "Do you need CKB if your keyboard is only one color?" Someone said no. But I ignored it because I remembered the key remapping issue I had.

But that had me thinking...I deleted CKB and rebooted. The Shift + Click worked again. Fully functional keyboard, except for the swapped Opt and Cmd. I opened the Modifier Keys settings in System Preferences. I just noticed THERE'S A "SELECT KEYBOARD" DROPDOWN, WHERE I HAD TO CHOOSE "CORSAIR K70R GAMING KEYBOARD"!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why it wasn't working before.

So my modifier keys are mapped properly. It works great! I'm so happy. I was just about to sell it.

Since I've updated to Sierra I was looking forward to an update to fix some of the quirks. I've had some issues like my LED animations lag and some other little things like that.

However upgrading to 10.12.1 completely fixed it and it works just like it did on El Capitan. I'd try that before throwing your keyboards away in frustration or whatnot.

I think it's a bit sensationalist to get up into arms about stuff like this. Especially since all of the functionality still works. I'll certainly keep my RBG K65, especially since my roommate and I swapped out all of the MX Reds for MX Blues. Even if CKB no longer worked, this keyboard is still great and I don't see any real alternatives to a clean metal design like the K65.

If anyone has issues with keymapping or something, it's most likely that CKB hasn't initialized properly, which sometimes happened on El Capitan regardless. Just quit CKB, and try force quitting the ckb daemon and repeat that until it works.

Perhaps I just am more patient for this sort of thing, or just a vocal minority.

CKB has a number of issues with Sierra and unfortunately OP has been quite on the project for months. Have removed it, mapped the modifiers with macOS' system prefs, and am running sans-color. Defeats a lot of the purpose of the board for some, but for me it still checks most of my keyboard requirements boxes. I especially appreciate that the media keys work.

That said real Mac & Linux support from Corsair would be awesome. I know we're not Corsair's primary audience (not a ton of Mac based gamers) but we're an audience none the less... based on 50 pages of discussion here.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I've updated to Sierra I was looking forward to an update to fix some of the quirks. I've had some issues like my LED animations lag and some other little things like that.

However upgrading to 10.12.1 completely fixed it and it works just like it did on El Capitan. I'd try that before throwing your keyboards away in frustration or whatnot.

I think it's a bit sensationalist to get up into arms about stuff like this. Especially since all of the functionality still works. I'll certainly keep my RBG K65, especially since my roommate and I swapped out all of the MX Reds for MX Blues. Even if CKB no longer worked, this keyboard is still great and I don't see any real alternatives to a clean metal design like the K65.

If anyone has issues with keymapping or something, it's most likely that CKB hasn't initialized properly, which sometimes happened on El Capitan regardless. Just quit CKB, and try force quitting the ckb daemon and repeat that until it works.

Perhaps I just am more patient for this sort of thing, or just a vocal minority.

Are you saying you have a fully functioning keyboard with CKB installed and running in macOS Sierra?

I'm also running ckb with 10.12.1 just fine.

I'm not sure what buttons people are reporting not working, but command/control/shift/etc all work fine. Animations are working fine, input modified animations also working fine, media keys good, LEDs for CAPS/etc good.

This is with a K70 RGB 2.06 firmware, CKB 0.2.6.

I'm also running ckb with 10.12.1 just fine.

I'm not sure what buttons people are reporting not working, but command/control/shift/etc all work fine. Animations are working fine, input modified animations also working fine, media keys good, LEDs for CAPS/etc good.

This is with a K70 RGB 2.06 firmware, CKB 0.2.6.

I am also running OSX 10.12.1with the K65. It was driving me crazy until I finally plugged in my mac keyboard again. The shift and ctrl work, say if you want to capitalize a letter while your typing...the part that is not working is when for example when you hold down shift when using finder and try to select multiple files. I believe it says right on the ckb issues that the modifier keys are not working but until now I didn't really understand what that meant. I love this keyboard. I swap out a Windows 10 laptop and my mac laptop quite a bit depending on which machine I need to use. It wasn't until a week ago or so where I was trying to do some editing in LightRoom and it was driving me crazy I couldn't select multiple images. Now that I know what is going on, it really does make this not really usable now running on Sierra.

Corsair, if you read these, I was about to buy a second keyboard but this sort of incompatibility going to put my purchase on pause for now.

In case someone was trying to make M65 Pro RGB mouse work on Ubuntu 16.04 and got the "No devices connected" error here is what I did:

Before compiling the driver, open /src/ckb-daemon/usb.h file and on

#define P_M65           0x1b12
#define P_M65_STR       "1b12"
#define IS_M65(kb)      ((kb)->vendor == V_CORSAIR && ((kb)->product == P_M65))

Change it with:

#define P_M65           0x1b2e
#define P_M65_STR       "1b2e"
#define IS_M65(kb)      ((kb)->vendor == V_CORSAIR && ((kb)->product == P_M65))

Probably not the best way to edit code but on Ubuntu 16.04, ckb can now identify and properly config the mouse.

Cheers!

So I've tried to get my M65 to work with my mac, but no dice.

I thought I followed the instructions on Github correctly. I installed the ckb.pkg file. I got xcode and Qt5. Then hit the "quickinstall" script to make the driver. Opened it after it finished and plugged my mouse in, and the cursor just jumps all over the screen.

I tried to google through this thread but I don't have coding experience so I couldn't really make heads or tails of what came up.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Sorry for not reading through the previous 50 pages but I would like to ask a simple thing:

Today I have bought the nicest keyboard of my life, the Strafe MX with blue switches.

Absolutely fantastic product but I have an issue. When I use Ubuntu the keyboard is not functioning properly. I mean it is greatly working at grub, at login, but at the system it just stops functioning (16.04). I have the latest FW on keyboard (updated from CUE under Windows). To solve my issue some said I have to install ckb, the software in this thread.

What I would like to ask is that:

- Is this thing totally safe? I mean the usage of this driver will not void warranty, cause some kind of (maybe unrecoverable) dysfunction in the keyboard or something? Sorry for being a bit paranoid but my kbd is about 2 hours old.

I really appreciate your answer.

Thanks,

Armand

I was able to successfully install the open source driver. Everything is working properly inside the driver and I am able to manipulate the colors and key assignments for my Sabre RGB mouse and k70 keyboard.

I am having one major issue though. Every time I click and move the mouse it automatically snaps to the top left of my main monitor making it impossible to drag anything or scroll. Has anyone run into this issue. I am getting frustrated and need this issue fixed. I have even tried starting up the computer without the driver open and the issue still exists..

Please help.

All the best,

nblazing

I have isolated the issue to the CKB driver itself. Installed and older version and my K70 keyboard didn't work. About 1 in every 10 times I restart the computer the mouse will work properly but the majority of the time it snaps to the top left of the screen.

If it helps anyone diagnose this problem I installed using the Qt and open source method. Using the other method the driver only recognized my keyboard and not the mouse.

I have looked through all of the settings within the driver and can't seem to find anything causing the problem from within. Unfortunately for now I have uninstalled the driver.