Corsair Community

H100i v2 fan screw holes don't align with holes on the radiator

devinvisible

Hi all,

New here and purchased a H100i v2 as my first AIO. I've run into an unusual issue that I haven't seen anyone else report yet so I'm hoping it's me doing something wrong with a simple fix.

When I attempt to screw the fans that came with the product to the radiator, the screw holes on the fans don't seem to line up with the holes on the radiator. This is most easily seen when simply trying to screw in opposite corners on the fan. I tried rotating the fan a quarter turn, using the other fan, swapping to the other fan mounting location on the same side, and swapping to the mounts on the opposite side. The fan never seemed to line up.

There must be something I'm missing... right? Any thoughts?

Can you upload a picture of what you see?

In this photo I've loosely fastened two screws (seen in back) and dropped a 3rd screw in the front, gently lifting the fan off of the radiator so you can see how off the 3rd is from the hole.

I've tried all orientations of the fan on the radiator (front and back of the radiator as well as side to side). I also had a friend come over and confirm the misalignment with 3 additional fans. I'm convinced that there was a flaw with the holes on the radiator.

IMG_3296.thumb.JPG.361f05f3364c65d137a107e5d2b1abdb.JPG

OK, looks like way off the path...

The fans are square and the mounting holes should be the same in relation to each other. Orientation should never matter. Do you have any other 120mm fans lying around to rule out a wacky fan? It's hard to gain any perspective on this end whether the radiator holes were drilled wrong or you received an experimental trapezoidal fan prototype.

At this point, I am just curious and haven't seen this before. However, you are probably going to want to return it to the vendor or contact Corsair through the ticket support system and get a replacement. A top down shot over the radiator might be most telling.

I did try 3 different 120mm fans and they all ran into the same issue.

I measured the distance of the radiator mounting holes that are opposite corners from each other (where a single fan would go). One is 5 9/16" and the other is 6 1/16". I measured the diagonals of the fans that came with the product and they both measure just shy of 5 14/16". Pretty significant difference.

IMG_3297: My initial top down photo. Tried to use flash on my phone otherwise the lights in my kitchen blew it out. The radiator's right edge (in the photo) was aligned with the table cloth pattern.

IMG_3301: I had to place something (mouse pad in this case) on the granite counter to prevent glare. The hoses coming off the radiator are both flush to the counter edge and you can clearly see that the radiator is warped.

IMG_3297.thumb.JPG.ccaf3fe0bd5c0e8f77676a06d3407f45.JPG

IMG_3301.thumb.JPG.bce3cf8f8254bc1bc9a6475a8e1f34d0.JPG

If you returned it to the purchase vendor, good. If you are doing this through Corsair, make sure they know this is brand new. That thing should have never left its original factory line and qualifies as the weirdest defect I have seen in a while.

I went back through the vendor (Amazon) since I knew they'd have a new product to me in a day. I had opened a support case with Corsair yesterday so I hope it raises awareness of this anomaly.

Right choice. Corsair can get it back later and chit chat with OEM. That is the first mis-press I have seen. Hopefully, there are no more.

Archived