Corsair Community

Connecting Several devices to H100i Link

russiandivxclub

Please correct me if I am wrong but I See several ports on my H100i block.

So with that I don't see a reason to have more than one port (that can use Y splitter) with H100i unit unless you allow to use single Corsair Link in this case Corsair Link that is inside cooling block to use with several Link enabled devices.

Right now I have H100i and Dominator Platinum DDR RAM and planning to get PSU with Corsair link.

So can I use my H100i cooling block with 2 other devices or not ?

Thank you !

Please correct me if I am wrong but I See several ports on my H100i block.

What type of ports are you referring to? The H100i has as follows:

1. 4 x Fan Ports - it has 4 x fan controllers so can run 4 fans at different speeds so needs 4 ports to connect them.
  2. 1 x USB Port that needs to be used when the H100i is not connected using the C-Link port.
  3. 1 x C-Link Port - if not USB connected this needs to be used to connect the H100i usually to a CL Mini. If USB connected this can be used to C-Link connect another device such as a PSU.

What type of ports are you referring to? The H100i has as follows:
  1. 4 x Fan Ports - it has 4 x fan controllers so can run 4 fans at different speeds so needs 4 ports to connect them.
  2. 1 x USB Port that needs to be used when the H100i is not connected using the C-Link port.
  3. 1 x C-Link Port - if not USB connected this needs to be used to connect the H100i usually to a CL Mini. If USB connected this can be used to C-Link connect another device such as a PSU.

Now I am looking at the manual and I can quite figure it out. I See 2 ports on the side (I have one of them taken with Y cable for Radiator FANS) I assume next to it is a same port that I can use to connect another Y for 2 more fans.

Other side I see Mini USB Type B that I have plugged in to mobo and next to it I see another port that currently NOT occupied. In my understanding this IS the port that I can use for additional device that supports Corsair Link like PSU.

P.S

I see PSU use also Corsair Link + USB to mobo cables. From what I understand from reading I no longer need to connect that USB cable to motherboard, only one is needed that I have running from H100i block to USB socket on motherboard.

P.P.S

How about my Dominator Platinum RAM ? I am out of luck I guess unless I want to add additional CL controller or I can get some kind of a Y cable and use single CL port on H100i cooling block ?

Yes, you can connect two more fans via the "port that currently NOT occupied".

Connect the PSU to the C-Link port. NEVER have both the PSU C-Link + USB ports connected.

What about my Dominator Platinum RAM? Are you talking about it's cooling fan? If so you could connect it to one of two unused H100i fan ports.

Archived