Corsair Community

LL140 RGB issues

sixunder

I was Secret Santa'd 3 LL140 fans this year.

I disconnected some of the old cooling fans (which were connected through molex) and connected the RGB fans off a 3-pin splitter off the motherboard. Everything's connected properly as far as I can tell off the node (I've been at this for a while now).

The fans seem to be running fine, but I'm not getting any color. I downloaded iCue and once the software started, the RGB flickered and now is no longer working.

Any suggestions of what to try?

Re-arrange the fan order on the RGB hub. That’s where lighting power comes from and it works in series 1-2-3-4... etc. if fan 1 is bad, 2 & 3 go out. The other common misstep is to forget to set up the Lighting in iCUE (Fan type: LL, Fan #3) but that seems less likely in this case and “the flash” is a little concerning.

Yeah, that was one of the first things I read to try. It was just weird that all of them flickered and were partially working when i was running iCue. I've rearranged all the ports to the hub, even individually tried each one by themselves off the header and no go. I guess I'll just have to see if connecting them via a molex converter may make a difference because I can't seem to figure out why they're not working.

If you are unable to get any lighting at all from any of the three fans after checking another source of power (molex), then it is most likely the RGB Hub blew on the first power up. You would need another one.

That is where things might get awkward. It is covered under warranty, but you need a purchase receipt. That may not be appropriate under the circumstances. If you were able to obtain it, then the faster resolution is taking the entire 3 pack back for an exchange at the vendor. Corsair would send you a new RGB Hub after going through the support ticket process. The middle ground is buying one straight out. They are about $10 USD, but hard to locate. Beware of scamming 3rd parties and inflated prices. Of course if you have another RGB Hub from another Corsair RGB fan kit, that can be swapped in right now.