Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

But isn't it only for lighting?

So, then we also need Corsair Link, too, right?

Also, where to get the old version of iCue?

Yes, only for lighting.

I'm using the older version of Corsair Link as well.

No issues at all.

Since i don't know if i can post links here, you just need to google Corsair Utility 2.24.50

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so after more testing the commander pro is still disconnecting but now it is just the commander pro disconnecting because it is the only device under that USB Root Hub.

The problem is 100% confirmed with the Commander Pro!

The device is responsive 99% of the time so this leads me to think this is a driver issue and not a hardware issue.

Not sure what the next steps are

Ok, so after more testing the commander pro is still disconnecting but now it is just the commander pro disconnecting because it is the only device under that USB Root Hub.

The problem is 100% confirmed with the Commander Pro!

The device is responsive 99% of the time so this leads me to think this is a driver issue and not a hardware issue.

Not sure what the next steps are

Maybe if you read my posts you will understand this is a problem concerning the new iCue 3 version that contains icue + corsair link in the same software.

You can fix it by installing an older version of the softwares.

My Corsair iCUE software keeps "freezing" atleast one time per day. And I have to restart the service for my fans and pump to start following my profiles again. Otherwise it's just stuck at some speed.

Tried reinstalling both the software and Windows without luck.

So, i tried installing Aida64 to have something to compare iCue with. When it freezes, i realized that Aida stops updating temps as well, same with Afterburner with GPU temp. So my guess is that iCUE mess in some weird way with the registry keys where all the programs get information from the internal sensors (CPU diode, mb, etc...).

It's interesting how every tech Youtuber is s****ing Corsair's knob and promote all their products but there are some major issues in their software that makes everything they sell basically a paperweight. Corsair? Never again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Bump!!!

I have been using the workaround for a few months now, old icue and link software and haven't had any problems at all. Still with all my stuff being Corsair i'm seriously thinking about changing it all out as current iCue is a serious pile of dog poo.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to keep this bumped. This has been happening for a year and still no fix in sight.

I'm convinced that this is an issue when custom fan curves are set. I never had a problem when I just used Quiet or Balanced. The freezing started when I set a custom curve for my cooler.

Can Corsair look into a bug with custom curves? Anyone NOT have a custom curve and experiencing the monitoring flat lining?

I'm fairly certain the issue has been resolved in the lasted ICUE update. My system dashboard hasn't frozen since I updated. I'm using a custom curve to compliment my H100i v2 fans as well.

Software version 3.22.74

It's been a little over 3 weeks (22) days and no dashboard freezing for me, it would have occurred by now. There are other variables at play here which could've contributed to the solution though. Exactly 21 days ago I updated my Windows 10 Home to Build 1909. This might solve the issue but updating to the latest ICUE software is a good idea as well

Definitely not fixed here. Just played Rise of the Tomb Raider for a bit, and sure enough, dashboard and lights stopped updating. This game does have some insane CPU spikes for some reason, which probably makes this a good game to test with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
this is happening to me as well. When it does i just restart he icue service from the app and then restart icue as well.

This is what I do as well, even though it's super inconvenient. I honestly wouldn't mind if it froze as long as temperatures weren't affected due to improper cooling during intensive tasks. For example, I'll be gaming and my system will suddenly sound like a last gen console. This is my cue to check iCUE. I'm not sure what cooling settings are being used when this happens, I think it may be iCUE's default cooling which is quiet for both my pump and fan. This inefficiency is insufficient and completely contradicts the purpose of effective hardware and software.

Need to keep this bumped. This has been happening for a year and still no fix in sight.

I'm convinced that this is an issue when custom fan curves are set. I never had a problem when I just used Quiet or Balanced. The freezing started when I set a custom curve for my cooler.

Can Corsair look into a bug with custom curves? Anyone NOT have a custom curve and experiencing the monitoring flat lining?

Yes, custom curves cause this issue. It's likely not a harware issue. but I want custom curve for more quite setup :D:

Yes, custom curves cause this issue. It's likely not a harware issue. but I want custom curve for more quite setup :D:

I can vouch for having a custom curve on my cooler. If anyone doesn't have a custom curve that experiences the dashboard freezing please come forth.

I can vouch for having a custom curve on my cooler. If anyone doesn't have a custom curve that experiences the dashboard freezing please come forth.

I do have a custom curve and don't get freezes. However, I am using old Corsair software to do this.

To do this, I have downloaded Corsair Utility Engine 2.24.50 to control my Corsair Voids. I have also downloaded Corsair LINK (18363.535).

With this, I haven't received any freezes or crashes and works as intended. If it tries to update I decline it each time because it'll turn itself into iCue which is a buggy ignored mess (@Corsair, thanks for that lads).

If you need any help, just send a message over.

KqFEsMv.png

Edited by BrewMyTeabag
Bad photo hyperlink

anyone opened a case with corsair on this? I just booted my system and found icue was having this issue. Had to restart the corsair service and restart icue.

Submitting tickets are met with no response or replies. Using the Reddit forums the mods remove the posts.

We collectively have tried and done everything and have been met with either silence or are being silenced.

Ive been getting this problem ever since i got it probably over 12 months now so many times iCUE has had updates in that time but the problem still exists

Also sometimes when i start the computer the fans are going full speed and leds are on random what i have to do is click restart on iCUE , Restart iCUE service and it goes back to my saved leds and fan speed is normal how i set curve