The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Diamond in League
Chip_Sticky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753528
Chip_Sticky Reputation: 10

I HAD THIS ISSUE BUT IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN FIXED. My M65 RGB mouse lights, too, turned off ~10 minutes into using it and the only remedy was unplugging and replugging the USB (even though the lights would turn off again later). I called into tech support and the assistant emailed me an update to the firmware: 1.18. This has seemed to have solved my problem. My lights work and I can tinker with them.

*EDIT: Just kidding it lasted about 4 hours and then died during a game of league of legends. I don't know what to do guys.

**EDIT: Okay they sent me another firmware update this time 1.19. I had huge success with this for about 6 hours... until the lights spontaneously went off in a game of counter strike. I give up.

Last edited by Chip_Sticky; 01-15-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM

POST ID # = 753870
MalsBrownCoat Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniru View Post
Nothing specific. It'll happen while gaming, browsing the web, or while the computer is idle. There's no real specific time frame for it either. After unplugging and plugging it back in, it may work for a day or two, only a few hours, or sometimes only minutes. And yes, all the lights are going out. But the mouse itself still functions.
^ exact same as user above. There are no specific environments/actions that I can identify as the catalyst; the happenstance is seemingly random.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 PM
johndoe86x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753972
johndoe86x Reputation: 10

Ok, I'm not sure if this "fixed" the problem or not, but it seems to have been stable for some time now. I thought that f.lux was the main problem, but we'll see how that goes from here. In CUE, after you have a keyboard and mouse profile setup the way you like it do the following:

In the profiles tab, there is a drop down menu that lets you name your profile. Click on the box with lines in it, and click on "Save Profile to Device Memory"

So far, mine has been running for a few days straight without issue (but it has done that before). I'll report back and let everyone know if this is a permanent fix or not. It seems to be thus far! If this is the fix, then I want to apologize and fuss at Corsair at the same time for my being wrong and them not making their software remotely intuitive! :)

Old 01-16-2015, 03:54 PM
daniru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754185
daniru Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe86x View Post
Ok, I'm not sure if this "fixed" the problem or not, but it seems to have been stable for some time now. I thought that f.lux was the main problem, but we'll see how that goes from here. In CUE, after you have a keyboard and mouse profile setup the way you like it do the following:

In the profiles tab, there is a drop down menu that lets you name your profile. Click on the box with lines in it, and click on "Save Profile to Device Memory"

So far, mine has been running for a few days straight without issue (but it has done that before). I'll report back and let everyone know if this is a permanent fix or not. It seems to be thus far! If this is the fix, then I want to apologize and fuss at Corsair at the same time for my being wrong and them not making their software remotely intuitive! :)
I've done this, it worked for a day or two, then went out again.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:51 PM
johndoe86x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754880

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniru View Post
I've done this, it worked for a day or two, then went out again.
Has anyone tried messing with the polling rate? I thought I saw another user turn theirs down to 250 on an i7-2600k, and it seemed to work after that. I'm trying dropping mine to 500 first. So far so good. Will report back. FYI, I have a 3570k OC'd to 4.5 GHz. I have no idea if that makes a difference or not. I also have legacy USB disabled. A side note is that when I change the polling rate, the mouse will re-enable itself just as if I had unplugged and plugged it back in.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Zac_Sonic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755165
Zac_Sonic Reputation: 10

Installed the new M65 firmware update and so far so good. Its been 12 hours since the update and the mouse has stayed on *knock on wood*

Old 01-21-2015, 02:45 PM

POST ID # = 755211

^ aaaaand, lights out in 3...2...

Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
nukmasta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755683
nukmasta Reputation: 10

Signed up just to say im having this issue as well.....

Always turns off when my PC goes into sleep or whatever....never turns back on until I unplug/plug the mouse back in

z87 asus pro motherboard....can be the only issue...

Kinda stupid considering I bought this mouse for the lights....sooner or later im just going to stop unplugging/plugging it in and not buy the k70 rgb or from corsair ever again

Old 01-23-2015, 08:25 PM
RaptorJesus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755684
RaptorJesus Reputation: 10

My issues also started out as just the lighting not working but now the mouse will disconnect and reconnect at random sometimes it will disconnect, reconnect and continue this cycle for up to a minute. i Have had the mouse since Christmas time and it has only gotten worse.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM

POST ID # = 757208

Zac_Sonic - can you confirm if your issue is resolved or still persists?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 PM
daniru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757267
daniru Reputation: 10

Since the firmware update mine has been behaving better. It will still go out on occasion, but will reset itself when the computer goes to sleep without me having to unplug/plug it back in. My K70 RGB keyboard was having issues for the first couple of days, but it seems to have figured itself out as well. Hopefully they both continue to work.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:37 PM
johndoe86x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757390
Default So far so good..

So it's been several days of messing around and gaming, and I've had no issues with the lighting lately. It seems that setting the polling rate to 500 Hz did the trick. I will report back if there's anything else that's changed. Give the different polling options a try to see if that works any magic.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Alexzander1995's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757458
Alexzander1995 Reputation: 10

I have sent in an email to corsair because I too am having this problem. I am running windows 7 and have the black version of this mouse. I hope it's a firmware problems seeing as I struggled to get hold of this mouse in my country

Old 02-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Alexzander1995's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757459
Alexzander1995 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexzander1995 View Post
I have sent in an email to corsair because I too am having this problem. I am running windows 7 and have the black version of this mouse. I hope it's a firmware problems seeing as I struggled to get hold of this mouse in my country
Edit: I tried changing the polling rate and this seems to have done the trick but the seems to be a problem with my scroll wheel lighting when choosing any colour other than red. It is now two ligths of pink and the colour chosen. It looks awesome but still a problem.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 PM
SkyyMan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757545
SkyyMan Reputation: 10

i just bought the m65 RGB yesterday and now today the lights in all zones are turning off it seems to be random for me.
i'm running win 8.1 64bit
mouse has been updated to the latest firmware 1.19

when this happens i cant tell which DPi setting the mouse is at. very annoying
please fix this Corsair.
this seems to be a firmware/software issue then hardware.....

Tags
led failure, m65