The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Luffy24 Luffy24 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 731566
Luffy24 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair K95 LED Dying

It has been 8 days since I got this keyboard and already 6 LEDs have died. I contacted amazon and I am going to be replacing the product with a new K95. I chose K95 as my first mech and I am very disappointed. I hope the new one doesn't have LED problems. Is there a way to avoid this problem?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 09-30-2014, 05:53 AM
mysticc mysticc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 88
POST ID # = 731574
mysticc Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy24 View Post
It has been 8 days since I got this keyboard and already 6 LEDs have died. I contacted amazon and I am going to be replacing the product with a new K95. I chose K95 as my first mech and I am very disappointed. I hope the new one doesn't have LED problems. Is there a way to avoid this problem?
No, LEDs will continue to die - better choose another keyboard.
New RGBs fro mCorsair claim to be more reliable - but as they are brandnew no one can tell for sure.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: EU
Posts: 444
POST ID # = 731575
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
No, LEDs will continue to die - better choose another keyboard.
New RGBs fro mCorsair claim to be more reliable - but as they are brandnew no one can tell for sure.
Plus the firmware seems to have broken most if not all keyboards in the EU/UK/DE.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:19 AM
mysticc mysticc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 88
POST ID # = 731577
mysticc Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Plus the firmware seems to have broken most if not all keyboards in the EU/UK/DE.
You can fix the firmware, but you cannot fix the problematic LED-issue the old models suffer from.
There is a reason Corsair discontinued the K70 with blue LEDs.
If Corsair would treat customers honestly they also would discontinue the other non-RGB models with LEDs.

Buying on of these you have to expect several RMAs, everytime paying shipping to Corsair, and after 2 years warranty it won`t take long until you have to buy a new one - unless you don`t feeldisturbed by more and more dead LEDs. But I doubt that - as the lighning is why you bought it - at least probably most of the K70/95-buyers-
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Reply

Tags
k95 problems, led failure

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.