Corsair Community

Corsair 500R LED & Front Fans - Fans won't turn on & speed control turns off LEDs

mistergin

This has been killing me over the past few days, hoping someone can let me know if I'm doing something horribly wrong before I contact support to RMA anything..

I have the MOLEX plug for the fan controller in the front panel connected to the power supply.

If Speed Control is in 'OFF' position (bottom), I can toggle the LEDs off and on with the LED on/off button.

If Speed Control is in MEDIUM or HIGH position, LEDs cannot be toggled on/off with the button. If they were on when the Speed Control toggle was OFF, they automatically turn off when the Speed Control toggle is changed.

In ALL possible scenarios of the above, none of the fans (2 front OR side) ever turn on.

I've disconnected the front panel and didn't see any burnt wires, I've tried several MOLEX cables from my power supply (SeaSonic M12ii 650w), and none of them make a difference.

I've also connected the fans one at a time and still, the Speed Control seems to be the factor that determines whether the LEDs can be turned on. In any arrangement, the 3 fans never turn on.

• Corsair Employee

I'm sure this is a defective fan controller.

Please go to corsair.force.com and put in your RMA request through Corsair customer portal. You may have to create new username and password if you’re a new portal user. Once your account created, submit an RMA and enter this part number: CC-8930017

Submit the request, and wait for an update from us.

• 1 year later...

Archived