Corsair Community

ICUE randomly makes new profiles

cquence

Anyone else have this issue? Sometimes when I start up my PC, the software makes new random profiles. I only have 2 profiles saved. My keyboard is a K70 MK2 Rapidfire and mouse is Nightsword RGB. Its annoying, sometimes I have to open up the software to delete like 5-6 new profiles.

Hello, I have a similar problem. ICUE creates ramdom duplicated devices. In my case ICue create a duplicated H115i called H115I(1). This causes the H115i fans to not work properly. "Restarting" the ICUE service cancel the duplication.

This is very problematic since I can't leave the PC on.

Regards

I have an even worse problem. My icue makes new profiles, switch profiles and make 1000 macros automatically. It also starts pressing and holding random buttons. But when I close the icue software, everything is fine again. In older versions, this did never happen. I am now using a version from late 2019 and i has worked until now. but it is irritating me that I can't use the newest one...:mad:

• 1 month later...

My custom profile and the fans curves is there, but empty... no lighting config, no fan curves...

The Commander Pro doesn't even have record of the devices attached to it anymore.

Sadly I cannot even recreate my lighting config... nothing is working.

Garbage.

• 2 months later...
Has there been any resolution or fix for this issue? I also experience the same issue with my new build and first time using Corsair iCue. I've attached a snapshot highlighting the profile screen which shows 6 profiles which load up upon restarting the PC despite deleting them. As the other user suggested, you have to delete or the system will utilize all settings from this profile (including performance, CPU fan speed) which is really annoying.

Your screen shot did not post. However, if you are referring to the HW profiles like the user above, stop deleting them. They are supposed to be there and are re-loading from the device. Those HW profiles are how you save setting to the device and are not full software profiles for all your devices. Keep them out of the way at the bottom of your profile list.

*You may also want to use the "copy settings to all" from the drop down menu to pass your fan speeds to the HW profiles so they don't go crazy when you are working in them.

... However, if you are referring to the HW profiles like the user above, stop deleting them. They are supposed to be there and are re-loading from the device. Those HW profiles are how you save setting to the device and are not full software profiles for all your devices. Keep them out of the way at the bottom of your profile list. ...

I beg to differ.

Every time I use Win10 alt + tab to navigate from one program to an another, iCUE is cutting 3 new HW profiles for my K95 RGB. I tried both your suggestion as well as deleting them and I still see the new HW profiles being created.

This is a firmware/software issue with iCUE.

I beg to differ.

Every time I use Win10 alt + tab to navigate from one program to an another, iCUE is cutting 3 new HW profiles for my K95 RGB. I tried both your suggestion as well as deleting them and I still see the new HW profiles being created.

This is a firmware/software issue with iCUE.

Can you post a screenshot? Complete random profile generation is not a system mechanic. I have pressed Alt + Tab approximately 10,000 times in the last two years on K95 and have never seen this and obviously a lot of other people use it routinely as well. If it is generating additional HW profiles, something else may be wrong.