Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

• Corsair Employees

The FAQ item that states how to enable keyboard repetition isn't quite complete: you need to type the following into Terminal to enable it:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool true <return>

and to disable it,

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false <return>

--Adam

• Corsair Employees
The FAQ item that states how to enable keyboard repetition isn't quite complete: you need to type the following into Terminal to enable it:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool true <return>

and to disable it,

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false <return>

--Adam

Thanks, I will resolve FAQ.

• Corsair Employees
(edited): My K70 LUX RGB isn't recognized, but I didn't realize there were later K70 editions. I'll watch for the 3.x firmware update from the Windows computer.

The next round of FW updates will include K70 LUX and RAPIDFIRE RGB. I hope do this tomorrow.

This is amazing! I have a Hackintosh with 9 ML Pro RGB fans, Vengeance Pro RGB memory, an H150i Pro RGB, and all of it is inside a 500D RGB SE case.

While I understand you're not supporting DIY products and there are barriers to doing so, hearing that you're taking this step is huge news for me. I've had to use Corsair Link to get hardware memory so that the RGB stuff cooperates when I'm not in Windows, which I very rarely am. This alone leaves a glimmer of hope that one day you will support iCue for my RGB components on Mac OS. I must say, if you make a keypad like a Logitech G13 or Razer Orbweaver, iCue is likely the thing that would make me switch to your product.

My K63 keyboard is not detected. Is this one that still needs to be added to the list?

Running this all on latest High Sierra build 10.13.6 (17G3025). I updated to the latest iCUE

beta version available (3.10.125-release). Can anyone give some information about this?

Thanks.

I attached my iCUE log dump just in case.

https://we.tl/t-sseDdlhlA5

Edited by DrConflict

My K63 keyboard is not detected. Is this one that still needs to be added to the list?

Running this all on latest High Sierra build 10.13.6 (17G3025). I updated to the latest iCUE

beta version available (3.10.125-release). Can anyone give some information about this?

Thanks.

According to the topmost post, it will need a firmware update which should be available. You'll have to do the update on a Windows computer though.

According to the topmost post, it will need a firmware update which should be available. You'll have to do the update on a Windows computer though.

I just tried updating my K63 on windows but my keyboard already has the

latest firmware. Still not detected on Mac.

Can you confirm to me what version of FW is displayed?

It said something like "v1.00". I even reflashed the firmware.

It's the latest version for sure. I don't have a windows machine

myself so will need to check to be sure again tomorrow.

When I use CKB-Next it's being detected so it's definitely

iCUE related.

Hi James,

All works fantastic (K70 RGB) thanks for the new proper iCUE!

I found just one issue. I am remapping the lock button to open up an app. The problem is, that if I use other action than opening an app (call it a macro, a media action, etc) all works fine, but when using an app regardless the path in use it always opens up FileLoupe. I don't know why is doing this, but the path is correct, and it doesn't matter really what's the path as regardless what I choose, it always opens FileLoupe.

Any suggestion? Is it a bug?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
It said something like "v1.00". I even reflashed the firmware.

It's the latest version for sure. I don't have a windows machine

myself so will need to check to be sure again tomorrow.

When I use CKB-Next it's being detected so it's definitely

iCUE related.

Contact our tech support and they can walk you through the firmware update process manually. You're not on the latest FW if it is 1.XX. You need 3.XX.

• Corsair Employees
Hi James,

All works fantastic (K70 RGB) thanks for the new proper iCUE!

I found just one issue. I am remapping the lock button to open up an app. The problem is, that if I use other action than opening an app (call it a macro, a media action, etc) all works fine, but when using an app regardless the path in use it always opens up FileLoupe. I don't know why is doing this, but the path is correct, and it doesn't matter really what's the path as regardless what I choose, it always opens FileLoupe.

Any suggestion? Is it a bug?

Thanks!

This might be a bug. Can you give me your profile so I can see what you put as a path?

Hi, I just wanted to say that updating to 3.10 from 3.9 from iCUE itself was broken for me. Also uninstaller didn't work but just downloading new .dmg file and installing it worked perfectly so all good and profiles also didn't go anywhere. Error for uninstalling was *Error while iCUE uninstall occured. Some files and/or folders are broken* and for updating the message was *iCUE has detected and error during the update process and has stopped the download. Please restart the application and try again or contact out support teams for assistance.* Before I went to download new .dmg file I restarted app and computer just to be safe and still the same messages. Maybe now after fresh install new updates will work, gonna have to see.

Contact our tech support and they can walk you through the firmware update process manually. You're not on the latest FW if it is 1.XX. You need 3.XX.

I'm not going to run behind corsair tech support for days to do something that basic. I just need the K63 FW file and I'm good.

These files are nowhere to be found online so i'm not sure what's going on here. Why does the iCUE software on Windows tell

me I'm using the latest version then? What a mess.

Maybe rethink your stance on supporting the Hackintosh. I think you'll find a large percentage of your peripheral users are part of the Hackintosh community. I have never met a Mac Os user who uses Corsair products that is not part of the Hackintosh community. My job has me working with 100s of artists over the years who primarily or exclusively use Mac OS. Having hardware profiles is enough when not using Windows.