Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

CKB-Next doesn't require updated firmware and currently supports more devices. Why do you need CPUID to control RGB on fans? Am I understanding correctly you can not use a corsair AIO cooler outside of a booted windows environment?

Corsair AIO coolers work well on hackintosh builds as well. I know since one of my builds has a h80i v2! Working perfectly fine!

DrConflict How does it work in non windows OS? Does the motherboard control it or do you set a profile in windows and it uses that to control the pump and fans? If it is software controlled how does the pump get the cpu temp? The manual isn’t clear my h110 is all motherboard controlled that’s how I like it.

Excellent timing! I just received the Void Pro RGB for Christmas. Sweet! Then I find out there is no Mac support. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6. Not so sweet. Found this thread because I don't give up easy but most will so can you put a link on your main page please? You'll avoid returns and build even more support. It works in all ways I've tried, though I haven't messed with the EQ settings beyond the presets.

Excellent timing! I just received the Void Pro RGB for Christmas. Sweet! Then I find out there is no Mac support. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6. Not so sweet. Found this thread because I don't give up easy but most will so can you put a link on your main page please? You'll avoid returns and build even more support. It works in all ways I've tried, though I haven't messed with the EQ settings beyond the presets.

Congrats on getting that for Christmas!

The iCUE software for OSX definitely says they support VOID headsets (except for Stereo models), first post.

I would definitely look to update your computer to at least High Sierra (Mojave works really well though, I'm digging the black look).

I doubt Corsair will put a link to beta software on their front page, it still needs work, products also need work to support it, and putting beta software on their main website will not instill confidence of stability in the community if it does.

@CorsiairJames, what's the status of the iCUE OSX software? Don't need details, but maybe a % completion and possibly some information on roadblocks / fixes that we can look for(ward to).

Edited by me262

DrConflict How does it work in non windows OS? Does the motherboard control it or do you set a profile in windows and it uses that to control the pump and fans? If it is software controlled how does the pump get the cpu temp? The manual isn’t clear my h110 is all motherboard controlled that’s how I like it.

Everything is motherboard controlled and very stable.

I get very low temps with my 6700K with 1450 rpm on average.

This works with well with High Sierra, I'm using it now with it. Just install and create your pre-sets

Hi so i just got my new corsair Glaive and i cant change the color or rgb lighting with the icue on my mac and i just wanted to know how i could fix this or do i have to wait for the next update? if it isnt compatable then it would be a nice addition.

Hi,

Its really heartening to learn that Corsair has started officially supporting MacOS. Although its still in beta, I am pretty sure that it will mature very soon given the vast community of Corsair users on MacOS.

Kudos to your efforts!

I recently purchased - K70 Rapidfire and I use macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4

I downloaded the iCUE software from the link provided in the first post on this thread and installed it on my system.

Unfortunately the keyboard is not detected.

From the list of models mentioned in the FAQs that do not require firmware upgrade, I see K70 RGB Rapidfire listed but don't find K70 Rapidfire.

Since K70 Rapidfire is red-backlight-only-version of K70 RGB Rapidfire, I am assuming that it will not require the firmware upgrade.

Nevertheless, I connected the keyboard on windows laptop and installed the latest iCUE software.

The firmware version is v2.05 and it says that it is the latest version available.

I am hoping that one of the following is true

1. K70 RAPIDFIRE is not officially supported yet and will have to wait for future updates to the software
  2. There is some bug in the software which is preventing the keyboard from getting detected

I will really appreciate if this could be clarified.

Thanks

Long story short, a family member inherited my Apple aluminum keyboard this Christmas, so I was on the hunt for a solid backlit low profile keyboard with Mac support. Um, there aren't any. :sigh!:

Decided to take a chance with a K70 MK.2 lowpro, hoping I could install some open source s/w and make it work (if necessary). So happy to find this thread via some Google searching.

I was able to quickly update my K70 firmware, and change the h/w profiles (I'm running MacOS 10.13.6, holding out 10.14.3 or .4 before jumping to Mojave).

I'm impressed, and can now recommend Corsair to my fellow Mac sysadmins and coders. This is a great keyboard, and with this iCue software, it's a no-brainer. Certainly worth marketing this keyboard towards Mac users.

Thanks again for the MacOS iCue port!

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time coming but I am happy to finally announce the beginning of our OPEN BETA for iCUE on MacOS!

Link: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg

Some of you may remember that I was beta testing a macOS version of CUE2 about a year ago. Since we were planning to launch iCUE in early 2018, I made the hard decision to stop development on macOS for CUE2 because I did not want two different experiences on both platforms. We used this time to accomplish a few tasks:

1.) Ensure that almost all of our CUE2 products will be supported on the macOS platform.

2.) Complete iCUE for Windows and then port it over to macOS.

3.) Validate it for MacOS on desktop and laptop models to ensure a clean transition.

The difficulty of implementing iCUE on macOS wasn’t so much the software but the firmware. Due to architectural changes, existing firmware on our devices would not properly be detected in macOS iCUE. Those who tested CUE2 would be familiar with this issue. To resolve this problem, we had to implement a new protocol for firmware. This means that most users will have to update the devices on their Windows machine first, if you have a legacy product, while users with our newest keyboard (K68 RGB and newer) can actually use their devices out of the box without any update. For reference, here are all of the devices that will support iCUE without requiring a firmware update:

K68 RGB

K70 RGB MK.2 SE

K70 RGB MK.2/RAPIDFIRE

K70 RGB MK.2 LP

Strafe RGB MK.2

M65 RGB Elite

M65 PRO RGB

K70 RGB LUX

K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE

SCIMITAR PRO

STRAFE RGB

HARPOON RGB

All VOID headsets (except Stereo)

All HS headsets (except Stereo)

ST100

MM800 (All versions)

To prevent any potential issues with deploying firmware updates, we decided to stagger out firmware releases this time in batches for macOS compatibility. Therefore, the first batch of legacy products that will support macOS will be the following and are live already:

K95 RGB PLATINUM

K55 RGB

K63 WIRELESS/SE

DARK CORE RGB/SE

Users should use iCUE (Windows) to update their hardware. You will know you’re on the proper firmware if you are on version 3.XX for the legacy devices (STRAFE MK.2 and K68 RGB will show 1.XX but already use the new protocol). For users who don’t have an access to a Windows machine, we are in the process of documenting how to do a manual firmware update with a Mac so you can do the update without iCUE. However, I advise using iCUE is the best method when possible.

I hope you all enjoy iCUE on a new platform as we’ve been working on this for more than a year and a half. We will start to deploy more and more firmware updates so if your product isn’t support yet, it will be by sometime in December. If any of you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime. And as always, thank you for your support with our CORSAIR products!

Regards,

James

FAQ:

1.) What products are supported in iCUE for macOS?

iCUE for macOS will only support HID products (keyboards, mice, headset, headset stand, and mousepads).

2.) Why does iCUE for macOS not support DIY products?

We use Windows Service to control DIY products and we also use CPUID SDK to do so. Unfortunately, neither of these are compatible with macOS at this time. We are looking at alternative methods but as most people are using macbooks and mac desktops, we don’t think there is a strong enough demand yet to support DIY with users who have Hackintosh’s. However, we are carefully monitoring feedback as well as investigating how to improve the overall experience when it comes to device support.

3.) Is it possible to update firmware on iCUE macOS in the future?

Yes but we have not uploaded any firmware for this platform yet. We will do so soon so we can continually monitor people’s experiences during the open beta.

4.) Is there anything missing from iCUE macOS from Windows besides device support?

We currently support all the features (Actions, Lighting Effects, Surface Calibration, Performance, Hardware Playback, Surround Sound, etc.) but one known issue is OSD. We are still working on that for macOS but do not have an ETA for now. However, all the main features of iCUE supported with your peripheral are available now.

5.) Will we be able to update iCUE versions on macOS?

Yes, when we deploy a new version on the mac, you’ll be prompted to update it through the software just like we do on Windows.

6.) Is there anything special I need to do in macOS?

If you want key repeat enabled in macOS, you will need to enable this through the terminal.

This is the command to enable press and hold:

Enable: defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool true <return>

Disable: defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false <return>

(Thanks Manofclay)

After you enable this, you will need to restart your system.

7.) Is this an official release for macOS?

No, this is just an Open Beta so we can gather bugs and feedback. However, this can be shared with anyone you desire.

8.) What version of macOS does this support?

We are supporting High Sierra and newer but we recommend using the latest if possible.

The K70 RGB MK.2 LP keyboard is working great. Software saw it and updated the firmware perfectly. However, my GLAIVE RGB mouse is not recognized. Any thoughts?

C K70 RGB MK.2 SE works well on the windows10 partition and runs icue flawlessly. I've updated the firmware yesterday in windows10, as well as once previously in November, 18 while on windows10. I did have ckb installed previously on Mojave OS Mac, and it was working fine except I had some boot issue (too many corpses) so I uninstalled it since it's unsigned and could have been my boot problem in Mojave OS mac. Installed the Mac icue beta but the keyboard is undetected. I factory reset my keyboard and reopened the icue app on mac, still no keyboard detected.

Side note, I have a windows10 partition on my mac HD so I can boot into either. Unfortunately, the corsair cannot be used to switch between the two OSs (hold alt during boot to choose which startup disk) holding alt doesn't do anything. On the ckb forum they suggested holding winlock + F1 until blinking then try alt, but that just puts the keyboard in some weird state that unusable. He said it's because corsair uses an alternate bios or something different from mac. I though it might be the no repeat keys, so I did the previously suggested terminal command apple boot repeat -bool false or whatever and the keys repeat now, but alt still isn't recognized as being held in time after boot before the OS loads to switch startup disks. Long story short, I have to keep a mac wired keyboard handy so I can plug in the usb real quick to hold alt during boot to switch os.

UPDATE: I searched for all the CKB files on the mac and deleted them. Also I force quit the daemon ckbdaemon in activity monitor, emptied the trash, then relaunched icue on mac. And guess what? My K70 rgb mk.2 was detected by icue. So If you're having this problem (no keyboard detected) . remove all traces of ckb-next and ckb from your system files by searching for ckb in spotlight search and trashing them, emptying the trash, searching again. The daemon will restart if you forcequit it before emptying the trash with the plist file in the trash. Then relaunch icue.

Edited by swoopyou
added solution :)

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Corsair Gaming KATAR Mouse

Confirmed in bootcamp that both devices are using the latest firmware available.

Neither are recognized by the iCue software.

I have a MacBook Pro 2018 so I am connecting the device through the CalDigit TS3 Plus dock. (The machine has no regular USB port so it is my only option) Tried daisy chaining with my AmazonBasics USB hub or connecting directly to the dock. Neither seems to work. Had CKB-Next installed before but confirmed that it is not running under Activity Monitor.

Both devices are detected with the appropriate name under System Profile though

With iCue running my CPU runs at 4.00Ghz as you can see but when i quit iCue it drops down to normal behaviour as shown my the dip in the graph.

I have updated iCUE to 3.11.114 and am still seeing the same symptoms as i previously posted.

Am really looking forward to firmware updates for more devices to be "usable" in macOS as i dual boot my PC with windows and macOS Mojave, yes it's a hackintosh system. Would also appreciate support for my other devices like my Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB and commander pro for my fans as well as PSU and AIO cooler support.

Thank you for the support thus far.

2115947871_withiCue.thumb.png.9a81f3e97043aecc148def1907e96d8d.png

1027588720_WithoutiCue.thumb.png.949c5d84aef5d3e5b25265a87e701609.png

Hi,

got the beta to work regarding that iCUE could find my K63 Wireless keyboard on my Mac Pro (2016). A very interesting issue though.

If I restart my computer, some keys work but far from all. So far, I have found that the following keys seems to work: HRPZX

When I have logged in (using another keyboard), everything seems to work fine. Have tried both the wireless mode and the USB wired mode which works after login but not during login. This is only when you restart your computer, if you logout without restarting, it works fine.

I have the latest firmware version of the keyboard (3.07) and the latest iCUE version (3.11.114).

Only me who has this issue?