The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2020, 09:17 AM
cyberbol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066606
cyberbol Reputation: 10

If i use only Lighting Node + hub. 2 x LL140mm RGB fan will be connected to H115i power so i understand the h115 will be control speed of the fan depending on the temp.

But what will control speed rest 4x fan LL140mm RGB ??

Can i control speed without commander pro ?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066608
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Without the CoPro, you'd need to use the fan headers on your motherboard to control the speed of the fans.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 10-23-2020, 09:42 AM
cyberbol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066615

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Without the CoPro, you'd need to use the fan headers on your motherboard to control the speed of the fans.
So without CoPro all 4 fan must be connected separate to the motherboard. So i need 4 fan headers on mobo ?.

Im so sorry probably all my question are very noob.

Can i find somewhere any diagram how i must connect with CoPro and without ?

What you will suggest ? keep CoPro ?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:03 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066620

You can use splitters or a PWM hub but ... those will still need to be connected to the motherboard or some other controller. You'd have to do that even if you didn't have Corsair fans - the fans need power to spin the blades from somewhere. Without a Commander Pro, that's usually the motherboard.

Personally, I'd keep the CoPro. I'm a big fan of it and have (at least) one in all of my builds.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 10-23-2020, 10:32 AM
cyberbol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066628

Quote:
You can use splitters or a PWM hub but ... those will still need to be connected to the motherboard or some other controller. You'd have to do that even if you didn't have Corsair fans - the fans need power to spin the blades from somewhere. Without a Commander Pro, that's usually the motherboard.

Personally, I'd keep the CoPro. I'm a big fan of it and have (at least) one in all of my builds.
Thank you for all your HELP. I will keep CoPro. Now i only need to find any diagram how connect all of this.

This diagram is ok for me ? / or i just need to 2 x green line (fan) from h115i connect not to CoPro but to h115i ?, yes ?

Last edited by cyberbol; 10-23-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:09 PM
cyberbol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066641

or this

https://imgur.com/mn0MDS4

omg my head will explode. So many diagrams.. help...
Old 10-23-2020, 10:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066712

This one:

And yes, two of the fan PWM will go to the pump instead of to the Commander Pro. And you can connect the pump to the CoPro's USB port.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 10-28-2020, 11:12 AM
geraldlec's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067352
geraldlec Reputation: 10

Hello,

I have bought the case 570X with rgb fan led hub and 3 Fans SP120 RGB.
I have bought too a 4th Fan SP120 RGB Pro, and just discovered I could'nt plug it on the rgb hub with the other fans (different models: non pro vs pro)

So, if I buy the the commander pro, I would be able to plug the rgb fan led hub and its free SP RGB Fans on led port 1, and my 4th fan SP120 RGB pro on led port 2.
And then plug the commander pro on motherboard (mobo usb port) to manage the whole system ?

Am I right ?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2020, 11:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067355

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldlec View Post
Hello,

I have bought the case 570X with rgb fan led hub and 3 Fans SP120 RGB.
I have bought too a 4th Fan SP120 RGB Pro, and just discovered I could'nt plug it on the rgb hub with the other fans (different models: non pro vs pro)

So, if I buy the the commander pro, I would be able to plug the rgb fan led hub and its free SP RGB Fans on led port 1, and my 4th fan SP120 RGB pro on led port 2.
And then plug the commander pro on motherboard (mobo usb port) to manage the whole system ?

Am I right ?

Thanks
Kinda almost. You can't connect a fan's RGB directly to the CoPro or NoPro - you'd need a fan hub or a 3rd party adapter.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-02-2020, 08:40 PM

POST ID # = 1068069
Francke Reputation: 10

I bought 7 ql fans separately and one rgb strip. What do I need for hubs and can I connect the rgb strip(CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO) to a lightning node core? Also I bought a commander pro
Old 11-03-2020, 02:21 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1068086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francke View Post
I bought 7 ql fans separately and one rgb strip. What do I need for hubs and can I connect the rgb strip(CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO) to a lightning node core? Also I bought a commander pro
You need an RGB Fan LED Hub (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...b/p/CO-8950020). This will connect to the Commander Pro and allow you to control 6 QL Fans. For the 7th, there are 3rd party RGB Fan Splitters available.

You can't connect the strips to a Lighting Node Core. The LNC is a single channel with fan hub integrated into one and it connects via USB. If you have one (and it doesn't sound like you do), you can control the QL fans with that.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Lord Polymath's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1068131
Lord Polymath Reputation: 18

I’d like to get a guru to verify my setup, if possible. It’s been a long road of reading/learning about Corsair’s RGB products and I think I finally understand.
I’m about to start a build in a Corsair 4000X, which comes with three SP elite fans and a Lighting Node Core. I am adding 3 QL120 fans to the case, and they come with a LNC as well. I’m getting a Commander Pro as well.

Knowing that you aren’t really supposed to mix models of fans on a LNC, I’ll be using separate LNCs for the 3 fans of each model.
Each LNC will plug into the CoPro’s USB ports, and all 6 PWM cables will connect to the CoPro. There is no need to have an LED control cable from the Lighting Node Cores to the Commander Pro’s LED headers, because Lighting Node Cores have that built in, correct? A Lighting Node CORE is basically an RGB hub and a Lighting Node Pro combined.

For additional in-case lighting I ordered a Lighting Node Pro that comes with 4 RGB LED strips. Is it correct to say that I don’t actually need the Lighting Node Pro because I can connect the RGB strips directly to the LED headers on the CoPro?
Old 11-03-2020, 10:41 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1068135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Polymath View Post
I’d like to get a guru to verify my setup, if possible. It’s been a long road of reading/learning about Corsair’s RGB products and I think I finally understand.
I’m about to start a build in a Corsair 4000X, which comes with three SP elite fans and a Lighting Node Core. I am adding 3 QL120 fans to the case, and they come with a LNC as well. I’m getting a Commander Pro as well.

Knowing that you aren’t really supposed to mix models of fans on a LNC, I’ll be using separate LNCs for the 3 fans of each model.
Each LNC will plug into the CoPro’s USB ports, and all 6 PWM cables will connect to the CoPro. There is no need to have an LED control cable from the Lighting Node Cores to the Commander Pro’s LED headers, because Lighting Node Cores have that built in, correct? A Lighting Node CORE is basically an RGB hub and a Lighting Node Pro combined.

For additional in-case lighting I ordered a Lighting Node Pro that comes with 4 RGB LED strips. Is it correct to say that I don’t actually need the Lighting Node Pro because I can connect the RGB strips directly to the LED headers on the CoPro?
Sounds like you have it well planned out; everything looks good.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Lord Polymath's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1068168
Lord Polymath Reputation: 18

Quote:
Sounds like you have it well planned out; everything looks good.
Thanks for taking the time to look!
Old 11-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Dunmait's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1070043
Dunmait Reputation: 10

Hello guys,

Let me know if I should just start a new thread for this big question or if I should post somewhere else, I just thought this would be the better place for it

I’m about to build my first PC and I wanna go crazy on the RGB lol. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff and this thread (and forums) have been extremely helpful.

But if I could, I would like to confirm if my setup is correct before proceeding with the purchases, my build is:
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (has 1 led strip in the front)
  • Corsair H150i Elite Capellix (comes with a Commander Core)
  • 10 QL Fans – 3 will replace or push-pull the H150i (in case of push-pull, no LED control is required on the ML’s) (will come with a total of 3 Lighting Node Cores)
  • Lian Li Strimer Plus 24 pin
  • Lian Li Strimer Plus 8 pin
  • Motherboard is: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

I would love to control all of these in iCUE and from what I read, it’s possible and my plan would be:
  • Connect the 3 ML fans and 3 QL fans of the H150i to the Commander Core and this goes into 1 Mobo USB (I don’t really care about the MLs rgb at this point, but I figured it would be better to keep them together
  • Connect the 3 bottom QL fans and the 3 Lian Li Rgb Connecions (adapter required) to a Lighting Core and into a motherboard USB
  • Connect the 3 top QL fans and the 1 in the rear on another Lighting Core and into a motherboard USB

And I would need:

1. 3 x Adapter for Lian Li Case and Strimer Cables to Corsair (https://www.amazon.ca/EZDIY-FAB-Adap...dp/B07XNZ5PC7/)
- Is this correct? Would this allow me to connect it straight to the Lighting Node Core and control through iCUE?

2. PWM repeaters/splitters

3. What about the rest? The 3 Lighting Node Cores provides me with a total of 18 connections – which makes me believe that I don’t need a Commander Pro or anything else.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback and suggestions, the main goal is to control everything (or as much as possible through iCUE). As it is my first PC build, I’m trying to learn as much as possible by reading everything, just wanted to make sure that my thoughts are correct.

Edit: added the PWM repeaters as a requirement

Last edited by Dunmait; 11-17-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Tags
commander core, commander pro, corsair rgb, icue, rgb help