Corsair Community

iCue software continually corrupts Scimitar Pro profiles

idsmoker

I have performed multiple clean installs, verified that my harddrive is functioning normally, spent quite a bit of time searching the internet for solutions, and created & recreated my current profiles multiple times.

The only conclusion I can come to, is that there is a fundamental flaw in the iCue software, and has been for several years (based on the age of some of the posts I've found), that causes it to start corrupting profiles created for the Scimitar Pro mouse.

While a corrupted profile can be fixed, it will become re-corrupted the next time the software loads. You can verify that a given profile will be corrupted upon restart by making a copy of it, either using iCue's "copy profile" function, or performing an export/import. The copied profile will give you a preview of what the original profile will look like, the next time the software loads. For this reason, once a given profile becomes corrupted, your only recourse is to re-import an older export from before the corruption (if you have one), or re-create the profile.

Creating a new profile, either by copying an existing non-corrupted profile, or by starting with a blank profile, does not ensure that the new profile won't be corrupted by the time you are done.

Likewise, making even a minor change to a previously un-corrupted profile is likely to result in it becoming corrupted.

Its really sad, because the Scimitar Pro is one of the best mice that I have ever used, but the software is painful to use at the best of times, and this corruption issue has ensured that this will be the last Corsair product I own.

:mad:

Can you expand upon "it corrupts the profile"? How? The profile isn't recognized? Causes the program to crash? Some aspect of the profile doesn't work? Also, profiles are universal in CUE. Do you mean user created software profiles? Or specifically the hardware profiles used to save data to the mouse and usually named something like 'Scimitar Pro RGB HW1'?

Hopefully these images will explain the problem:

Before Corruption

vhrsLi7.png

After Corruption

Q0OwZrs.png

After editing a user created software profile to match the first image and then making a copy of the profile, performing an export/import of the corrupted profile, or simply restarting the iCue software it will look like the second image. NOTE: the actions that only appear in the 2nd image, like the "[5] Grenade" action, were added and removed from the profile during the editing session.

Edited by idsmoker