Corsair Community

The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start

WebMaximus

I have this in my Windows Event Viewer System log.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Clearly, it's about a file? that can't be found. No clue though where the file is supposed to be found nor why it isn't there.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Service Control Manager
Date:          2019-11-27 17:29:42
Event ID:      7000
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      TheNest
Description:
The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
 <System>
   <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
   <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
   <Version>0</Version>
   <Level>2</Level>
   <Task>0</Task>
   <Opcode>0</Opcode>
   <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-27T16:29:42.460760100Z" />
   <EventRecordID>40294</EventRecordID>
   <Correlation />
   <Execution ProcessID="884" ThreadID="5080" />
   <Channel>System</Channel>
   <Computer>TheNest</Computer>
   <Security />
 </System>
 <EventData>
   <Data Name="param1">CorsairGamingAudioConfig</Data>
   <Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
   <Binary>43006F0072007300610069007200470061006D0069006E00670041007500640069006F0043006F006E006600690067000000</Binary>
 </EventData>
</Event>

Just noticed this myself. I went into services (Start->Run-> services.msc) and found the Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service.

Upon opening, noticed it references C:\Windows\System32\CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe

Which doesn't exist in that path.

What I've done is set the startup type of the service to Disabled, so it doesn't attempt to start. I don't have any Corsair audio related HW on my system, so suspect it won't impact anything. I only have iCue installed for managing an AiO cooler, so wondering how this service got placed there.

That's a great tip, will do the same!

Feels quite weird indeed why a service is installed by Corsair for hardware that isn't installed but maybe someone from Corsair can shed some light on this?

I also love the description of said service...simply the letter 'C' and that's it. I guess it stands for Corsair?! :D:

• 1 month later...

I located it in:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\corsairgamingaudio.inf_amd64_69abbb0d51dddfb4\amd64

Looking at the properties of the file, Details tab, Product Name is Corsair Gaming Headset Drivers.

So I imagine if you don't have a Corsair headset, you can disable this service without an issue.

• 2 months later...

I think it is not very important to leave it as it is.

Same thing on my system and i don't have a Corsair audio equipment.

I use iCUE version 3.27.68.

I think that the installation sets up all the bases so that if we add a Corsair audio system it is not necessary to have to reinstall the program.

When a Corsair audio system is plugged in, Windows will retrieve the drivers and program from its library and add it by itself to the "System32" folder and this will be suddenly active at the next start (hence the message asking to restart the computer after adding the equipment)

You can find the file of this driver into the folder :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\driver\audio"

there is a folder for OS 32 and 64 bits.

It's possible to set the service on "Disable" but it you will have to remember if one day you add a new equipment audio from Corsair because otherwise you will think that there is a problem.

Edited by ReActif

• 2 weeks later...
is it possible that this error turns off the pc?

this error always pops up after I my pc randomly shutsdown, everytime i got into event viewer after i turn my pc back its there. I have disabled it now in hopes that it doesn't cause random shut down again, I will post an update as soon as i test it out

I just found this topic while I was consuliting Autoruns.exe a Microsoft Sysinternals tool. I noticed that CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe was missing file and therefore the service "Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service" was started but failed to start.

I was able to locate the real file path, thanks to this thread and I run regedit and corrected the path. Then I went int services and restarted the service. Now the service started properly and I do not see anymore in Autoruns.exe any error.

So, I would assume this is a preferred methong for fixing the issue and living it ready to go for future needs.

Hope this info helps

Take care...

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
this error always pops up after I my pc randomly shutsdown, everytime i got into event viewer after i turn my pc back its there. I have disabled it now in hopes that it doesn't cause random shut down again, I will post an update as soon as i test it out

Yes, me too, the only software i installed before i experience random shutdowns is iCUE. and on the event view i always see this kind of error. and the only error i see on my event viewer between thee shutdown time.

...I was able to locate the real file path, thanks to this thread and I run regedit and corrected the path. Then I went int services and restarted the service.

^ This worked. Registered just to say thanks :)

Did this fix the issue? It's happening to me as well.

Yes, I just followed their instructions (I didn't need sysinternals though) and editing the registry did the trick. Be sure to stop/restart/etc the service. It took a reboot or two for it to take but the error is gone.

i reg just to show my thanks to all the help in this thread!

i manage to solved this issue because everytime when i boot into this window, i keep hearing this disconnecting of hardware alert.

So the step that i have follow:

i have located my CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\corsairgamingaudio.inf_amd64_4b8d27a39b663e00\amd64

*do take note that the folder name in bold is different for every pc*

after i open services.msc and look for Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service , it is stopped

than i open regedit; Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CorsairGamingAudioConfig

double click on ImagePath and change the value to the path that i have found earlier on C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\corsairgamingaudio.inf_amd64_4b8d27a39b663e00\amd64\CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe

went back to services and double click on Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service to make sure that the path have been updated. After that i start services and it work without error!

Reboot and i does not have the error anymore in my event viewer!

• 3 weeks later...