Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Mouse Firmware Broke It!

Xetal

Hello there guys. Sorry to bother you all.

I don't like to update a BIOS / FIRMWARE of any product unless I have an issue.

I was having issues with Icue software crashing every time any game launched (Rainbow Six Siege, Starcraft 2, apex, escape from tarkov). The listed games are the only games I play.

Problem with that is, the DPI settings can't be adjusted via the mouse buttons if ICUE crashes. That's why I need it running. Well...

Updating the firmware to the latest version was the biggest mistake of my life !!!! The mouse worked flawlessly prior. It still works, but now, the mouse pointer will disappear and re appear in a different position every so often.

So right now if I am moving the mouse (in game or in windows) suddenly it will re-appear in a different spot far from where it was last. I've never seen this before.

How do I downgrade the firmware? If I can downgrade the firmware I will keep the mouse, if not I will burn it and buy it from the competition. (this was not a cheap mouse)

Also, I found a solution for the ICUE software crashing every single time a game launched. I downloaded an older version of the Icue Software. It is missing a couple of features I believe, and the mouse battery indicator always says unknown on said version, but that doesn't bother me.

Can the corsair staff please come up with a software solution for both the newest Icue and the newest firmware?

Also, while you are at it, can you please list ALL the previous stable version of ICUE software in the download page, that way we don't have to go hunting for it when we need it?

Thank You !

Edited by Xetal
Miss spelling

Don't downgrade, do a soft reset of the mouse. Also save your DPI settings to a hardware profile, and just delete the Default one, cuz that is a software profile, and requires iCUE. You can also do a repair install of iCUE instead of downgrading to an earlier one.

Well, the new software has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times... It still crashes upon restarting ANY game. Direct X and Vulkan... All overlays disabled also. (afterburner, discord, nvidia, game bar all disabled overlays).

Icue Software solution found!!!!!

1) Try all version of the app newest to oldest.I believe 3.3 is the one that worked. I also downloaded 2.11 but I don't remember which one I had installed. So yeah, the older Icue software solved the Icue crashing.

The Buggy Firmware Solution Found!!!!!

2)If doing 2 hours of research wasn't enough to find a way to downgrade the firmware so I could try different versions, the firmware disgrace was also solved! I went to Micro Center and bought a Razer Gaming Mouse! I put the dark core RGB mouse right in the trash where it belongs !

But thank you!

Edited by Xetal