Corsair Community

Why a per-mode brightness setting?

CoilWinder

I haven't really payed attention to the new CUE v 2 +, so if the feature questioned in the title is changed in the newer versions, I guess this is a moot post.

But it's something I've wondered from time to time, especially when not finding a mode in a profile, from not remembering having turned the brightness all the way down (off). And then it's off for that mode in its profile. But not necessarily in other modes in the same profile. Why isn't the brightness setting global for the keyboard ?

Thanks, but I can't see any global settings? I see a "Brightness" function under "Remap key" - "Corsair hot key", but it's already set as Brightness. And it's per-mode, I can't see any global override or similar.

Anyway, this was more of a comment that I finally made on a rather minor issue. I didn't really expect a solution to this (but it'd be welcome ofc).

Similarly minor stuff; this is an RGB keyboard.. yet the caps lock, numlock and scroll lock indicators are white, as is the sidelights (at least those are turnoffable. Well I guess the caps lock etc. indicators are too, if they are off :P Ofc, one might also make a lightning effect on the key itself, indicating wether it's on or not, but then you also get the normal (white) indicators in addition).

Minor details though. I still love the keyboard! It's just they made some odd decisions here and there with it (like the inverted shifted symbols on the numeric row etc, but I think those makes sense because of the lighting).

Archived