The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2018, 07:23 PM
Brandon0McGowan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977899
Brandon0McGowan Reputation: 10
Default H150i Pro Fans

Hi i am looking at the H150i Pro and i have seen on other coolers that you can swap the fans. I can switch the fans on it to the LL120 RGB fans without problems? Also there are the LL120 fans with Lighting Node Pro and some without what is the difference? Besides the price.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:39 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977902
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Yes, any 4 pin PWM fan should work with the H150i internal fan controller. Any fan can work with appropriate external DC or PWM control.

LL120s are sold in 3 packs with a Lighting Node Pro and as singles with no LNP control device. You must have a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro fan controller to make the LL fans work. While it is possible you might find LL120 singles cheaper in triplicate than a three pack, it is more likely it breaks even. While you do not strictly need the second LNP (if buying 6, like for the entire case) it is a handy thing to have as a back up or if you expand you lighting set-up at a later date. Since it costs $40 USD as a standalone product, its relatively easy to calculate the value.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Brandon0McGowan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977907
Brandon0McGowan Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Yes, any 4 pin PWM fan should work with the H150i internal fan controller. Any fan can work with appropriate external DC or PWM control.

LL120s are sold in 3 packs with a Lighting Node Pro and as singles with no LNP control device. You must have a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro fan controller to make the LL fans work. While it is possible you might find LL120 singles cheaper in triplicate than a three pack, it is more likely it breaks even. While you do not strictly need the second LNP (if buying 6, like for the entire case) it is a handy thing to have as a back up or if you expand you lighting set-up at a later date. Since it costs $40 USD as a standalone product, its relatively easy to calculate the value.
Thank you for the help and quick reply

Old 10-25-2018, 08:23 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977912
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

That part is fairly easy. However, if you have not read any of the FAQ posts, you should do so before buying. Like all complex RGB controllers, it requires software to be active and running to maintain the lighting effects. That software may conflict with other RGB software or hardware monitoring packages from other vendors. There is some additional hardware (included) that must be installed into the case. The fan power and lighting power are split off into separate conduits to make this a viable set-up. That requires two control boxes and two SATA cables for power.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Tags
cooling, h150 h150pro h150i, ll120 rgb, node pro, rgb fans