Corsair Community

USB chipset compatibility issue iCUE - BUG

badalice

Hi,

It looks like iCue has difficulties to sync USB on different chipsets.:bigeyes:

I started to experiance random resets of my keyboard, mouse, mouspad.

It could work perfectly for 2 hours, and then reset these devices 2 times in a row. Sometimes it could reset and not get up afterwards. I realized that when I sent back my mousepad for a replacement. My keyboard and mouse were connected to USB 2.0 only for that period of time, and I didn't get any issues. Once I got the mousepad I connected it to a different USB port (3.0) and all started again. I was trying to find solution, googled that, nothing. Finally I decided to change USB ports and see what happens.

I think I resolved this issue by connecting all 3 devices I have to same chipset on my motherboard. I use 3 x 3.0 USB now and I see no problem.

When I was using 2 x 2.0 USB and 1 x 3.0 USB the iCue was reseting, connecting, disconnecting the devices. It was super annoying ingame as the game was freezing on the last key I pressed and obviously I couldn't move anywhere either.

I am wondering if anyone else experienced the same issue, and I also want to provide that information for those who are struggling to find solution.

Share Your experience. Would like to see how many people had the same problem.

I had experienced a similar issue. Mine had started happening after i purchased the MM800 RGB mousepad. All of the usb ports on my motherboard were usb 3.0 and i had all of them connected, but all my corsair accessories would randomly shut off and restart after a few seconds. I was finally able to solve that problem by plugging my mousepad into the USB 3.0 port on the case instead of directly to the motherboard. It almost seemed to be a power delivery issue for me, but i was never quite sure.