Corsair Community

HW-E & BW-E idle coolant temperatures

c-attack

I am trying to get a better spectrum of data for idle coolant temperatures for Haswell-E and Broadwell-E CPUs. This would be your H115i/H110i/H80i v2 Temp in the Corsair Link program. Clock frequencies and BIOS settings vary, but with your basic C-states enabled and the frequency stepped down to 1200 Mhz or so, the actual wattage is quite minimal and so this should not have too much bearing on the results. Same thing with cooler model. In the idle state, it should not matter. However, room temperature does have the most significant effect, so please include that.

I am looking for:

Room Temperature ©, Coolant Temp (H110i Temp, etc), approximate core temp range at idle (22-26C, etc), "CPU Temp", and Package Temperature, all when in a relatively calm idle state.

The results are going to vary and I am ignoring case design and mounting location. Those things may have some bearing, however it makes the analysis too thin and it is not likely I will get enough data to draw conclusions of that type. I am hoping to get a range of coolant and ambient temperatures to help determine normal operational temperatures for these CPUs and Corsair coolers.

Archived