Corsair Community

H115i installation questions

TheBigCheese

Hi guys

I am replacing a large air cooler with the H115i, it's going into a Coolermaster Cosmos II case.

I have two questions before I start installing it.

1. Backplate

I have a backplate already installed from the air cooler on there now, do I need to replace that with the one supplied with the H115i or can I just clip it into what is already installed?

My reason for asking is I'd rather not have to take the whole motherboard out from the case unless I have to, there is a lot plugged into it!

2. Cosmos 2 Installation

Is there anything I should know before I install it into a Coolermaster Cosmos II case? It's a huge case so I can't imagine there being any issue but I thought I'd ask before attempting it!

Thanks in advance! :)

• Corsair Employees
Hi guys

I am replacing a large air cooler with the H115i, it's going into a Coolermaster Cosmos II case.

I have two questions before I start installing it.

1. Backplate

I have a backplate already installed from the air cooler on there now, do I need to replace that with the one supplied with the H115i or can I just clip it into what is already installed?

My reason for asking is I'd rather not have to take the whole motherboard out from the case unless I have to, there is a lot plugged into it!

2. Cosmos 2 Installation

Is there anything I should know before I install it into a Coolermaster Cosmos II case? It's a huge case so I can't imagine there being any issue but I thought I'd ask before attempting it!

Thanks in advance! :)

1. You'll probably need to swap out the backplate. If it was a backplate from another AIO like our H100i v2 or other similar coolers in our lineup, then sure, you could keep the backplate on.

2. That case is a bit of a beast. You might run into issues with tubing length depending on the orientation of the cooler and where you want to install it. If I were in your situation, I'd shoot for installing the H115i in the top of the case, just above the motherboard if possible.

Archived