Corsair Community

K95 Platinum RGB with Stuck Lighting

Daknarian

As the title says, the RGB on my keyboard is stuck. basically frozen.

If I restart the system, everything goes back to normal. Then freezes again. If I force reinstall the firmware, goes back to normal, then happens again. Seems like a software issue.

Anyone have this problem, or is this an RMA for the keyboard?

Here is a pic, kinda hard to tell whats happening. But the system is running the Lighting Profile, but the keyboard is stuck. I also tried many different profiles, seems to happen on all of them.

-1.thumb.jpg.38563de890255e76679b08e16a59c996.jpg

Brand new K95 RGB XT edition, firmware just updated to 4.5.22, iCUE just updated 3.26.95, using default lighting effect on keyboard.

But after an hour the moving lighting effect stops and iCUE shows a red triangle on the keyboard in devices list.

A keyboard disconnect from USB, or a reboot, is required to get the lighting to move again and the red traingle to disappear.

Why ?

Tried updating firmware through iCUE and through the CRP_DISABLED method, but this made no difference.

There is an issue with the (blue) USB ports the K95 was connected to on my motherboard.

So I have connected it to another (red) USB port on the motherboard, which uses another controller / driver.

And behold, the lighting effect continues to move and there is no red triangle in iCUE for an hour now !

It seems the issue is resolved by using another port.

Tried updating firmware through iCUE and through the CRP_DISABLED method, but this made no difference.

There is an issue with the (blue) USB ports the K95 was connected to on my motherboard.

So I have connected it to another (red) USB port on the motherboard, which uses another controller / driver.

And behold, the lighting effect continues to move and there is no red triangle in iCUE for an hour now !

It seems the issue is resolved by using another port.

How would I know which port to plug it into. I have a Crosshair VIII Hero mobo. There are a ton of ports back thrre.