Corsair Community

Question about the Corsair Scimitar Elite

Quothnor

Hello!

I am looking for alternatives to the Razer Naga and I'm interested in the Corsair Scimitar Elite.

I know that the Scimitar Pro has some issues with double clicking and mouse wheel issues after a fairly short time.

Supposedly, it says that the Scimitar Elite has some improvements on its build and whatnot.

Were these issues addressed and fixed on the Scimitar Elite?

What's your opinions and experiences with this mouse?

I'm looking for a durable mouse that I don't have to replace after just a few years.

My experience is bad.

Pros:

Adjustable side-buttons position is great love this feature it seems like a no brainer on mmo-type mouse.

The lighting looks really good, the scroll wheel and area in front of side buttons is very bright and has a great range of color.

Cons:

The side buttons are a little squishy feeling and dont seem to always register my clicks; i have had the mouse for nearly a year now, and after the 4 month point or so the back buttons (8,11,12) which i use the most have the tactile 'click' feel but dont register the input always.

-BIG CON OF ULTIMATE FURSTRATION: the side buttons will simply not work, seemingly, at random. I turn on the gaming rig, launch of WoW, or any game i use side buttons in, and try to use an ability... but wait nothing happening?? go into chat and try to type random stuff with my side buttons- nothing. I have tried everything people have posted online from reinstalling the software, repairing it, remapping keys, hardware mapping, restarting the software, re-plugging in stuff, etc. It is a simple fix generally where i just have to completely restart my PC.

Anyway- this is all my personal experience I don't see stories like mine out there; maybe others just live with having to restart their computer and don't get frustrated by the sheer random but frequent bug.

Seeya i'm off to go get a Naga trinity till Corsair gets better software.

• Corsair Employee
My experience is bad.

Pros:

Adjustable side-buttons position is great love this feature it seems like a no brainer on mmo-type mouse.

The lighting looks really good, the scroll wheel and area in front of side buttons is very bright and has a great range of color.

Cons:

The side buttons are a little squishy feeling and dont seem to always register my clicks; i have had the mouse for nearly a year now, and after the 4 month point or so the back buttons (8,11,12) which i use the most have the tactile 'click' feel but dont register the input always.

-BIG CON OF ULTIMATE FURSTRATION: the side buttons will simply not work, seemingly, at random. I turn on the gaming rig, launch of WoW, or any game i use side buttons in, and try to use an ability... but wait nothing happening?? go into chat and try to type random stuff with my side buttons- nothing. I have tried everything people have posted online from reinstalling the software, repairing it, remapping keys, hardware mapping, restarting the software, re-plugging in stuff, etc. It is a simple fix generally where i just have to completely restart my PC.

Anyway- this is all my personal experience I don't see stories like mine out there; maybe others just live with having to restart their computer and don't get frustrated by the sheer random but frequent bug.

Seeya i'm off to go get a Naga trinity till Corsair gets better software.

Have you ever contact our support team by opening a ticket regarding the issues you are experiencing? If not I would recommend going to https://help.corsair.com and opening a ticket regarding the issues you are experiencing.