Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770119
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by abn505 View Post
Not as high speed LOL. Water cooling always scares me for leaking.
I understand where you're coming from, but that's a concern we try to ameliorate here, probably because all we sell is liquid cooling. ;)

That's why we warrant our liquid coolers specifically against leaking and damaging your other components. So if on the extremely off chance they do leak inside your system, you can send us the stuff they damaged and we'll typically replace it.

FWIW, I've had a leak or two early in the lives of my custom loops, during assembly. You always expect this massive arterial spray of coolant just shooting out and causing sparks and fire and carnage and death and kittens crying, etc. But the coolant in a custom loop isn't under pressure; it's usually just a small, BS leak that's typically pretty easy to clean.

Since AIOs are assembled and tested at the factory, the one time they would develop a leak is when there's an engineer on hand to fix it. So while a couple of coolers in the wild will develop a leak - that's just the nature of any manufactured product - it's really not something to worry about.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:21 AM
abn505's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770291
abn505 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but that's a concern we try to ameliorate here, probably because all we sell is liquid cooling. ;)

That's why we warrant our liquid coolers specifically against leaking and damaging your other components. So if on the extremely off chance they do leak inside your system, you can send us the stuff they damaged and we'll typically replace it.

FWIW, I've had a leak or two early in the lives of my custom loops, during assembly. You always expect this massive arterial spray of coolant just shooting out and causing sparks and fire and carnage and death and kittens crying, etc. But the coolant in a custom loop isn't under pressure; it's usually just a small, BS leak that's typically pretty easy to clean.

Since AIOs are assembled and tested at the factory, the one time they would develop a leak is when there's an engineer on hand to fix it. So while a couple of coolers in the wild will develop a leak - that's just the nature of any manufactured product - it's really not something to worry about.
That is good to know. I didn't know Corsair would cover any other parts damaged in case of a leak. I typically benchmark with battlefield 4 and my I7-4770k runs ~72c at heavy loads overclocked @ 4.5 with my current Zalman cooler. How much benefit would I see in temps with a H110i GT or H80i GT? Thanks

Old 04-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770917
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
That is good to know. I didn't know Corsair would cover any other parts damaged in case of a leak. I typically benchmark with battlefield 4 and my I7-4770k runs ~72c at heavy loads overclocked @ 4.5 with my current Zalman cooler. How much benefit would I see in temps with a H110i GT or H80i GT? Thanks
Honestly, you might get another couple of degrees, but nothing that will really get you any more headroom where overclocking is concerned. The i7-4770K is limited in thermal conductivity and hits a heat wall pretty fast regardless of what cooler you put on it.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:02 PM
750BigD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 771712
750BigD Reputation: 10

Quote:
You should get it Friday. Post some pics of the rig when it's done.
What a nice guy =)

Old 04-10-2015, 08:05 AM
CycleWerks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 771794
CycleWerks Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750BigD View Post
What a nice guy =)
Yes, he is.

Tags
750d, hdd cage