Corsair Community

Motherboard/ Corsair link not detecting h100i

JuanMarch

Okay, so this h100i has given me nothing but trouble since I got it.

After I spent hours installing it into my Antec 900 case, which isn't exactly meant to have an internal radiator, I started having problems with the fans connected to the h100i. They kept turning off and on constantly, and did not respond to Corsair link. They were detected by Corsair Link, but would not respond to any commands to raise RPM, etc.

I got this sorted out by updating to the latest software version (2.4.4948) and updating the firmware to the latest version, 1.0.7 if I remember correctly. Now that I've done this, the fans are fixed, but Corsair Link is not detected the h100i and the LED's are stuck on red, which is a problem because my system is blue.

I have tried using different USB headers and re-installing Corsair Link, but nothing is working.

Other than these problems, everything else still seems to be working. Temps are normal and the pump is obviously pumping. Also note that I am not using the stock fans provided with the h100i because of how loud they are.

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas.

http://puu.sh/4msc4.jpg

http://puu.sh/4ms8j.JPG

I've tried both of these solutions already to no avail. The h100i is the only USB device connected. I've tried using different headers, disconnecting and reconnecting the same header, and disconnecting and reconnecting the USB dongle that attaches at the h100i pump.

ahh ok,you went from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 which most likely is your problem as 1.0.7 addresses issues for those having detection issues which initially you didnt have

best to wait till monday and let ramguy respond

im not sure if you can backtrack to the 1.0.5 firmware but you can try as it cant make things worse...

but read this below if trying to backtrack

The Firmware is listed below Version 1.07 for H80i and H100i Coolers.

This Version corrects detection problems when connected to Corsair Link Commander

If your cooler is working properly DO NOT do this update it is released to help solve a specific issue and not everyone will have to do this update.

Note: Before you do this update please delete any saved Profiles and load the default profile and reboot the system and let the Link software stand running for at least 1 whole Minute before you proceed with the Update.

The Cooler will also have to be connected to the included Link USB Dongle and cannot be updated when connected to the Corsair Link Commander.

• 8 months later...

Hi Everybody..

Im so sorry for revive this long time dead post, but yesterday the problem that the OP is reporting, happen to me.

I manage to make the H100i working by connecting the pump and the fans directly to the Mainboard and manage them with ASUS AISuit 3.

Basically, i was trying to install the new version of Corsair Link, once Link was installed, a message about update the firmware just pop up, i click it accepting the update but it fails. After that, the H100i is not detected by the system, not even a error or a tipical "unknown Device" under USB or HID.

As i said, the H100i is working fine, but is very frustraiting that something like that happen just like that.

Any advice about the case?.. and again, sorry sor reopen this :)

I believe that there will be a sensor in the pump that send the signal to mother board. Somehow the MB fail to detect the signal.

Possible reason:

• sensor is not working?
  • cable/connection is not working?
  • MB can not detect signal?

I tend to believe that connection is in bad condition.

David Cui

• 3 years later...

Today I stumbled into this issue!...I had this before working on my Win7 Pro 64 set to Blue color for about a 2-3 years, now on Win10 Pro 64 and it doesn't recognize the H100i device!?...

-The H100i is running.:biggrin:

-Fans running with no issues.:biggrin:

-Pump LED is set to BLUE from previous setting.:sigh!:

-Link is running and detects all other devices :!: ==> Except for the H100i?? <== :!:

-I unplugged and plugged the USB Dongle.

-I switched USB connections and the (ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition) USB headers are not the problem, as I tested other devices with no issues.:biggrin:

-I uninstalled and installed the latest Corsair Link software.:thinking:

I also followed a few advice's from others having similar issues in forums and the only thing I haven't done is something about the registry?:thinking:

I just want to set the color from Blue to Red :brick:....I'm building this setup for a customer who specifically wants everything Black/Red...

-Could be the Dongle? if so how can I go about replacing it?

Today I stumbled into this issue!...I had this before working on my Win7 Pro 64 set to Blue color for about a 2-3 years, now on Win10 Pro 64 and it doesn't recognize the H100i device!?...

-The H100i is running.:biggrin:

-Fans running with no issues.:biggrin:

-Pump LED is set to BLUE from previous setting.:sigh!:

-Link is running and detects all other devices :!: ==> Except for the H100i?? <== :!:

-I unplugged and plugged the USB Dongle.

-I switched USB connections and the (ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition) USB headers are not the problem, as I tested other devices with no issues.:biggrin:

-I uninstalled and installed the latest Corsair Link software.:thinking:

I also followed a few advice's from others having similar issues in forums and the only thing I haven't done is something about the registry?:thinking:

I just want to set the color from Blue to Red :brick:....I'm building this setup for a customer who specifically wants everything Black/Red...

-Could be the Dongle? if so how can I go about replacing it?

Update!!! I took the Dongle off my son's H110i and plugged it to the H100i and right away the Link recognized the H100i, I was able to turn the LED Red!!! the Issue is resolved!!!!:headbang:

Archived