Corsair Community

Vengeance Headset Driver v2.0.26

Technobeard

• Administrators

Here's the latest full driver package for our Vengeance Headsets which supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1.

This driver is for the Vengeance 1500, 1500 V2, 2000, and 2100 Gaming Headsets.

Download here: http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.26.zip

If you post below with comments, please have your system specs filled out in your forum profile, and please state which headset you have in your post.

2.0.26 Release Notes:

• Dolby 5.1 Surround Volume issues have been resolved.
  • Positional accuracy in surround mode has been noticeably improved.
  • Windows 8.1 Compatibility issue resolved.
  • Sampling rate issues have been resolved with 44.1kHz.
  • 8kHz and 16kHz sampling rates have been removed.
  • Windows XP compatibility issues resolved.

It is recommend that if you are experiencing any sound issues, please ensure the following:

1. Open your Control Panel.
  2. Click on Sound.
  3. Right click on your Vengeance headset.
  4. Select Properties.
  5. Select the Advanced tab.
  6. Ensure the Default Format is at 16bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality).
  7. Click Apply.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dolby 5.1 Surround Volume issues have been resolved.

Positional accuracy in surround mode has been noticeably improved.

Windows 8.1 Compatibility issue resolved.

Sampling rate issues have been resolved with 44.1kHz.

8kHz and 16kHz sampling rates have been removed.

Windows XP compatibility issues resolved.

http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-peripherals/gaming-headsets/vengeance-2100-dolby-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset.html

I'm using these drivers, the mic does not have "mic boost" and it's also missing from the windows microphone control panel settings (boost +10 dB) etc. The mic is really really low even at 100 volume, no one can hear me in games or skype or anything, they only hear me slightly WHEN I YELL. I have the mic positioned very close to my mouth too, even closer than previous mics i've used.

Device: Speakers
Preamp: -25 dB

Equaliser: Generic
No measurement
Filter  1: ON  PK       Fc    62,0 Hz  Gain  -2,0 dB  Q  4,00
Filter  2: ON  PK       Fc    32,0 Hz  Gain  4,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter  3: ON  PK Fc    125,0 Hz  Gain 9,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  4: ON  PK Fc    250,0 Hz  Gain 7,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  5: ON  PK Fc    500,0 Hz  Gain 6,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  6: ON  PK Fc    1000,0 Hz  Gain 4,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  7: ON  PK Fc    1500,0 Hz  Gain 2,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  8: ON  PK Fc    2000,0 Hz  Gain 3,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  9: ON  PK Fc    4000,0 Hz  Gain 5,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 10: ON  PK Fc    6000,0 Hz  Gain 2,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 11: ON  PK Fc    8000,0 Hz  Gain 5,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter 12: ON  PK Fc    12000,0 Hz  Gain 6,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 13: ON  PK Fc    16000,0 Hz  Gain 10,0 dB  Q  1,00 

Device: Microphone
Preamp: 10 dB
Filter  1: ON  PK       Fc    62,0 Hz  Gain  -2,0 dB  Q  4,00
Filter  2: ON  PK       Fc    32,0 Hz  Gain  4,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter  3: ON  PK Fc    125,0 Hz  Gain 8,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  4: ON  PK Fc    250,0 Hz  Gain 7,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  5: ON  PK Fc    500,0 Hz  Gain 6,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  6: ON  PK Fc    1000,0 Hz  Gain 5,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  7: ON  PK Fc    1500,0 Hz  Gain 4,0 dB  Q  1,00   
Filter  8: ON  PK Fc    2000,0 Hz  Gain 3,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter  9: ON  PK Fc    4000,0 Hz  Gain 4,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 10: ON  PK Fc    5000,0 Hz  Gain 6,0 dB  Q  1,00 
Filter 11: ON  PK Fc    6000,0 Hz  Gain 4,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 12: ON  PK Fc    8000,0 Hz  Gain 0,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter 13: ON  PK Fc    10000,0 Hz  Gain 3,0 dB  Q  1,00 
Filter 14: ON  PK Fc    11000,0 Hz  Gain 5,0 dB  Q  1,00  
Filter 15: ON  PK Fc    12000,0 Hz  Gain 3,0 dB  Q  1,00
Filter 16: ON  PK Fc    16000,0 Hz  Gain 0,0 dB  Q  1,00 

Filter 15: ON  HP Fc    120,0 Hz 

I Got V1500 v2

My settings in EqualizerAPO program, microphone is boosted by 10 dB and i can whisper and it sounds just fine.

Im not an audiophile so probably my settings arent perfect tho xD

Ah, I tried Equalizer APO for the mic, it has sound conflicts with Valve's Steam voice chat, everyone says my voice sounds robotic/demonic/distorted/crackled, also verified myself when i tested the mic in Steam Settings.

i just tested my voice in steam and i have the same thing xD do you know if same thing happens in battlefield 4?

TeamSpeak works fine tho ;p

Hello Corsair forums,

Okay I really need some help here. I don't know what's is going on but I've been stuck v2.0.19 for a while and I come back to check for latest driver releases etc.. It won't allow me to install this driver or any other for that matter. Because at the end of the setup wizard it says "Software has ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified..." I honestly don't know any way around this.

I can't even uninstall the Corsair software from my PC, programs and features...I mean it's not rocket science to remove something, I click uninstall and everything seems to go normal during the uninstall process but at the end it doesn't get removed... I've restarted my PC various times to do a fresh uninstall and that doesn't work either.

Any ideas please? I really wan't to get these headsets working properly.

Thanks~

*EDIT* Forgot to add, I have Vengeance 1500's

The microphone won't mute with these drivers as far as playback is concerned. Like when I tap or speak into the mic I can hear the sound playback through the headphones no matter whether the mic is muted or not. Muting the mic does work for recording/voice chat purposes though. Trying to toggle the "Microphone Check" box in the Corsair CP causes it to hang intermittently and I have to force quit it. Also, when "Mic Check" is enabled, there is an audible buzzing/humming from the headset. It is a clean driver install. I'm using Vengeance 1500 V1.

Edit: I'm also getting intermittent static with these drivers too. Never had that before either. Back to the Windows default drivers.

Still the latest driver will not let win7 64bit go into sleep mode , I can NOT believe Corsair is not fixing this.

With NO audio stream playing this is what powercfg -requests bring up:

C:>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

[DRIVER] Corsair Vengeance 2100 Headset (USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A0A&MI_007&174022c0&

0&0000)

An audio stream is currently in use.

[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:

None.

Any solutions? Anybody else having this problems?

Still the latest driver will not let win7 64bit go into sleep mode , I can NOT believe Corsair is not fixing this.

With NO audio stream playing this is what powercfg -requests bring up:

Any solutions? Anybody else having this problems?

how can the computer go into sleep mode which obviously turns power off to things and yet still expect things to work.:confused:

its akin to unplugging the computer then complaining because it doesnt work...

how can the computer go into sleep mode which obviously turns power off to things and yet still expect things to work.:confused:

its akin to unplugging the computer then complaining because it doesnt work...

You do sound confused , maybe you didn't take the time to read and understand my post. Maybe I was not clear in what my problem is. I will try to explain better:

When I leave my PC (and my desk) and don't come back for Hours or until next day I would like it to go into sleep mode at a predetermined time , like after one hour of inactivity , this way when I am good and ready to come back to it everything is still there and my PC was NOT on the whole time. It has been working like this up to the day I install the Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset drivers , now it never go to sleep , the Corsair driver (WITH NO AUDIO STREAM PLAYING) keeps the PC from going to sleep. No matter how you look at this (from every possible angle) the Corsair driver does not need to keep the PC awake for hours or days at the time.

I can only hope that I made my problem less ambiguous to understand and that someone from Corsair acknowledges this bug in the headset drivers.

I have multiple Corsair products in my PC I am not try to bash Corsair.

I'm using these drivers, the mic does not have "mic boost" and it's also missing from the windows microphone control panel settings (boost +10 dB) etc. The mic is really really low even at 100 volume, no one can hear me in games or skype or anything, they only hear me slightly WHEN I YELL. I have the mic positioned very close to my mouth too, even closer than previous mics i've used.

I'd like to request a mic boost option as well. Even at 100% with the boom as close to my mouth as I can make it go, the mic is quiet enough that others have to have their game volume turned down and receive volume maxed out to hear me comfortably. (Vengeance 2100)

Otherwise, haven't run into any major issues with the headset yet but I've only had it for a few days.

So am I missing something or have the drivers gotten progressively worse? I tried out this driver and 2.0.16 and both are much worse than the old 1.1 so I switched back. I hate the annoying blue and red LED flashing instead of the solid blue/red, 7.1 now also has a horrible echo on these new drivers. The only reason I want to use these new drivers is because they fixed the issue where the headset is much louder than it should be, I have my windows audio currently at 74% and most games are usually low to half way in volume because they are so insanely loud otherwise.

Are there any fixes for this issue on 1.1? Because I refuse to use these new drivers with all the new issues listed. These driver problems are making me want to pick a new headset, I love the build quality and sound quality of this headset but these issues are just too severe.

I have finally abandoned the Corsair headphones and picked up some Sennheiser PC 363D, the difference is amazing. I know I wont be getting a refund but I am supremely upset that it came to this :/ I wont be abandoning Corsair as a brand, good hardware has come from here. I love my mice and keyboards and cases and memory and pretty much anything that doesn't require complex software. Corsair will never again sell me anything that requires a driver to enjoy however.

I have the Vengeance® 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset (not the V2) and I can not even install this drive (CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.26.msi) in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit!

I always get the two error messages like that:

1: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem in the package. The error code was 2503."

2: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem in the package. The error code was 2502."

Then the installer ends prematurely.

It's almost six months since I can not use my headphone.

What could I do?

Archived