Corsair Community

2 Lightning Node pros or 1?

t1971

I have 3 x LL120 fans connected to a hub and then in to a Lightning Node Pro. The other channel is used for RGB Strips.

I have ordered 2 x LL140 fans for the front. They come in the pack with another Lightning Node Pro.

Is there any difference between plugging the 140s in to the existing LNP or is there any display advantage to adding in a second LNP for them?

No advantage to adding another LNP. You can add them to the existing RGB Lighting hub and plug them in with the other LL. No difference for 120 vs 140mm fans and they all have the same LED count. Even if you want the front 2xLL do something completely different than the rest, you each fan (and each LED) is individually selectable for effects. You can make a separate lighting effect for every fan in the system.

No advantage to adding another LNP. You can add them to the existing RGB Lighting hub and plug them in with the other LL. No difference for 120 vs 140mm fans and they all have the same LED count. Even if you want the front 2xLL do something completely different than the rest, you each fan (and each LED) is individually selectable for effects. You can make a separate lighting effect for every fan in the system.

Thanks. Saves me the hassle of fitting another LNP and finding another USB header. Just the answer i wanted!