Corsair Community

So what do you get the 1000d that has everything? A complete rebuild and a little brother to fit inside.

Here is the first build post on my 1000d for those following along.

Where that post left us was a 1000d with 2x420mm radiators configuration.

Today's mission.

1. Add an ITX system with a 240mm radiator mounted in the rear of the case. The ITX is an ASUS B450 motherboard, Ryzen 3 2200G with integrated Vega Graphics. XC7 Waterblock and XD3 Pump-Reservoir Combination. 16GB Dominator RAM. 500GB M.2. 1TB SATA SSD.

2. Split the main loop into GPU and CPU loops by adding a second XD5.

3. Upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 9 3900x.

4. Switch the top Radiator from 1x420mm to 2x360mm radiator. Add 6xLL120 fans on top of the fan tray and 6xQL1200 fans below the radiators.

5. Use QL fans where possible on the internals of the case.

6. Create iCue profile that shows temperature tell-tales and controls RGB from the main system, while providing monitoring of the ITX.

Buckle up it's a fun ride.

1. ITX system

Prepped the ITX board external to the system as expected. Fit the CPU block, radiator in the rear of the case with no issues. The trick was the XD3 pump. The pump is bigger than it appears in the product shots. This pump is a 120mm square. You also need to allow for spacing of fittings on the board. The other interesting thing with this configuration is I wanted to mount it vertically behind the ITX motherboard on the 1000d PSU Shroud. The pump stand really didn't allow for this configuration, but some 3m double sided tape took care of it for now. If I stay in this configuration (not changing to a GPU for the ITX) then I will make some mounting holes in the PSU shroud. The second trip is that I needed two temperature sensors. I needed one to connect to the CoPro I mounted in the rear for the ITX to manage two fans and pump RPM. The other is a temp sensor for the CoPro on the main system to provide a RGB telltale for how hot the ITX is getting.

Here is a shot of the ITX installed with the XD3 Pump Connections. i

Mission 2 and 3 were combined.

I switch out the CPU when I took down the system to add the ITX build in. No issues other than driver installation. I rerouted the CPU block to the front 420mm radiator using the right XD5 pump. Went in easily like the original pump with no issue. Tubing is fairly straightforward. There is one long run that I am not completely happy with, but it will do until I make another change.

Mission 4 was all about the GPU.

I wanted to cool my EVGA 2070 so I could get both additional cooling and increase the OC on the GPU. I ordered a custom 1000d tray from coldzero.eu. They have recently started making custom trays for the 1000d out of plexiglass material. For my configuration (because I need the rear radiator in the case for the ITX) I had them center cut a tray with spots for 6x120mm fans. I mounted 6xLL120 fans on top of the tray and 2x360mm radiators connected below the tray with 6xQL120 fans. I connected these radiators to the left XD5 pump.

Here are pictures of the tray and the radiators installed on the tray with fans.

49810659861_6990f1baaa_k.jpg

49810107253_f8bca02420_k.jpg

Mission 5 QL Fancy

Adding QLs to all the internal radiators did not take a whole of brain power. Add QL fans to the radiators, rinse and repeat. The trick is in the connections to iCue device which come later in the story. Here are picture of the end result though.

49810184603_9a67d3bd90_k.jpg

49811035032_f904304367_k.jpg

49810181413_a1e3ecf6cb_k.jpg

49810733046_32b28da946_k.jpg

49811031612_b0380c1021_k.jpg

49810732476_f4b1b8f350_k.jpg

Mission 6 iCue Control

The iCue setup was interesting. I have a CoPro for the main system and one for the ITX. I wanted to ensure that the ITX would always be in control of its own pump. Which means it must have a temp sensor from the XD3 and PWM control. In addition the ITX system has RGB control of the rear two fans on the case side of the 240mm radiator. That way I have a visual indicator from the front of the case that the ITX system is powered on. Summary: iCue from the ITX controls RGB for memory and two fans as well as pump RPM based on a temperature probe. There is also a shutdown temp at 45c that will turn everything red for 10s and then shutdown the ITX system.

49810987127_8f30bd120e_b.jpg

iCue on the main system is a little more interesting. It controls RGB for the main system as well as RGB for the remaining components of the ITX system (CPU block and XD3 pump). To do this, I ran a second temp sensor from the XD3 to main CoPro. There is also an ambient temp sensor, the GPU loop sensor, and the main loop sensor. There is a temp monitor set on both CPU blocks and all three pumps. You can see it in the pictures as the green light. This is a visual indicator of the temperatures of each of the loops. It goes from green to yellow to red as the temperature increases in the specific loops it is set to from the temperature probe. The color monitor is the first layer in all the device profiles and the LEDs that are assigned to it are removed from the layers below the temp sensor layer. There is also a main system shutdown set should the loop temperature exceed 45c, just like the ITX system.

Devices in the Main Loop iCue

49810987392_b6598a45de_b.jpg

Temperature Notification Setup

49810987112_96c7dc8cbf_h.jpg

ITX Notification Setup

49810687556_8c780e0019_h.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions. I can respond here, but I also live on the Corsair Case Owner Club discord in the link in my signature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I forgot to post the iCue picture showing the iCue temp monitoring on the main system CoPro. Here you can see the different temperature probes and how you can set the CoPro to monitor the temps from all three loops, even though it is only actually controlling the GPU and CPU loops.

49810135973_a75d5975fe_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...