Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum RGB not working

Hi guys,

I built a PC yesterday with the Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum, Hydro Series, 240 mm Radiator (Dual ML PRO 120 mm RGB PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Control with Software) Liquid CPU Cooler, Black as the CPU cooler.

The RGB on the Pump works perfectly fine but the RGB on the fans do not seem to work. I downloaded the iCUE programme and the programme seems to think the RGB lights are working, allowing me to change the arrays etc.

The fans work perfectly performance wise

I checked the connections and the RGB Connectors are connected to the cables from the pump.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

UPDATE:

After contacting corsair and various troubleshooting, we confirmed that the product was indeed faulty and got an advanced RMA so that there will be no downtime for the PC. Full replacement of the device.

Edited by Dmbeirne
Solved

If you set the "instant lighting" to any random color, do the fans come on? This overrides and current settings and can be removed with the 'X" in the drop down.

Tried this unfortunately still no luck with the fans

It seems odd to have a dual lighting failure that affects the fans and not the pump, I suppose it could be somewhere in the 2 fan chain. Ideally, you'd like to be able to connect the two ML-RGB fans to another Corsair lighting controller to see if they work, but that is likely not an available option. I think the best course of action is to contact Corsair Support. It could be in the RGB splitter. It could be the lighting controller. It could be the fans. But all of those fixes are hardware problems and the parts need to come from Corsair.

It seems odd to have a dual lighting failure that affects the fans and not the pump, I suppose it could be somewhere in the 2 fan chain. Ideally, you'd like to be able to connect the two ML-RGB fans to another Corsair lighting controller to see if they work, but that is likely not an available option. I think the best course of action is to contact Corsair Support. It could be in the RGB splitter. It could be the lighting controller. It could be the fans. But all of those fixes are hardware problems and the parts need to come from Corsair.

I’ve made a support ticket so hopefully they come back to me now with an answer!

Thanks for the help,

Any suggestions still welcome as corsair usually take a couple days to respond

• 9 months later...

If your AIO cooler is not lighting up, check that all cables are attached to the cooler and plugged in. This includes the SATA power plug to your PSU and potentially a USB cable that connects to your motherboard. Some third-party PSUs may not fully support iCUE-enabled coolers such as the iCUE Platinum and Pro XT Series AIOs due to lacking the +3.3V wire that the coolers rely on to power their RGB LEDs. Some SATA power extensions included with cases also turn out to be incompatible.

you'll thank me laterrrrr

• 2 years later...

Hi;

Same problem here. But it solved itself. I had two memory banks populated until today that I´ve bought two more memory blocks. Once installed the pump leds started to work so it looks that you must have all your memory banks populated in order to have your pump leds working. Very strange to say the least but overall very happy to have more lights in my computer.

5 hours ago, itloh said:

Once installed the pump leds started to work so it looks that you must have all your memory banks populated in order to have your pump leds working

That's probably not going to hold up.  Let us know if the issue returns and we can get some more details about the pump setup.  It is an independent device and the LEDs should work when sitting on your kitchen table, as long as it has power.