The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2019, 07:04 PM

POST ID # = 1012415
icsim Reputation: 10
Default Threadripper 1950x temps and new H150iPRO

Hello all. A couple of quick questions. I removed my 2nd dead Enermax TR cooler and decided to purchase the H150iPro RGB for my system. My motherboard is a Asus Zenith Extreme latest BIOS 1901, AMD Theadripper 1950X. With the old Enermax my idle temps were around 35C.

With the new install I used Thermal Grizzly Grease and install the new H150i after receiving the Corsair TR4 bracket. All looked well for the physical installation. Upon booting I am see temps in Ryzen Master and other monitoring apps of around 68C. I did install the Link software but the Link software stated to use the iCue software. The temp in the software is showing 33.40C?

I have tried all the profiles including extreme. Is the 33.40C temp the CPU temp or the water block temp? Is there something I am missing? The fans in thew extreme profile have a speed of around 1575rpm and the Pump 2760 RMP.

Thanks for your input!

Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012433
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Do you mean peak temps of 68C or idle??? If idle, then you are not making good physical contact between the block and CPU.

H150i Temp is coolant temperature and represents the minimum possible CPU temperature with zero voltage. The difference between the coolant and your peak CPU temperature is the voltage differential or the heat create at the socket. Coolant temperature typically rides about 4-7C above your room temps, but there is definitely case and set-up variations. 16 cores will have more heat at idle than somebody's 4790K. Based on 180W TDP, I would expect a +8C or so coolant rise at full load, but obviously is the idle temp is in the 60s, there is another problem.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:09 AM

POST ID # = 1012446
icsim Reputation: 10

It actually goes to 68C right after I boot up without running any applications.