The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 03-23-2018, 05:52 PM
CobaltMedic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946208
CobaltMedic Reputation: 10
Question 900D, UBS & Fan Management

I have run into a few issues with this build. One is that due to the amount of fans 17 @ 120mm and 1 @140mm. I found that the best way to manage the fans was with the Corsair Commander Pro x3. Which in an of itself caused some issues due to the fact that each of them required a motherboard USB 2.0 9-pin connections. Per corsair technical support i was told it is "required" that the commanders be plugged into the motherboard. The motherboard I have only provides only 2 on board USB 2.0 9-pin connections. I have attached the "schematic" of the way I have the commanders configured. In addition to the commander pro's that took up the two available motherboard 2.0 9-pin connections i was still left with a total of 6 USB 2.0 9-pin devices that I need to plug in. So i installed an internal USB 3.0 HUB using the secondary UBS Motherboard internal connection. I figured I would do this so i would be able to use the now available UBS ports to plug in the Liquid cooler and or the main power supply. According to Corsair customer support the computer would not be able to recognize the device plugged into the USB hum and it would not be able to be managed in Corsair Link. So if anyone has Suggestions, ideas, experience with this or a similar issue i would love the help.

Secondary I have installed the TPM Module. Any guidance on the use and management of it would be greatly appreciated

Lastly I have installed the Intel VROC premium Module. Any guidance on the use and management of it would be greatly appreciated. Intel dose not seem to have much.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf My Build.pdf (233.0 KB, 137 views)

Old 03-23-2018, 06:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946217
DevBiker Reputation: 88

On the Commander Pro:
I, personally, have the NZXT internal hub and it works fine. Others have actually daisy-chained Commander Pros.
You also can use 2-way splitters with the CoPro if you want to simplify some things. You'll still need at least 2 CoPros. I would advise against 3-way splitters.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
900d, commander pro, h150i pro, hydro gfx, lighting node pro