Corsair Community

RBG Strafe Mk2 - Metalic twanging/ringing sound from space bar? Normal?

NeilFawcett

I noticed a metalic twanging/ringing sound when using the space bar.

If I take the space bar off, and some other keys too (eg: "Alt"), if I depress the key sensor for the space bar and release it, I get the ringing sound from the space bar one, but not the other key.

Obviously they all appear to be the same sensors, but the space bar one does look like it's mounted slightly differently?

The sound is just about loud enough so while typing it's annoying...

Anyone else able to comment if their space bar key sensor sounds different for example to their "Alt" one?

note: Again, this is repeatable simply by just pressing and (quickly) releasing the sensor itself.

Edited by NeilFawcett

• Corsair Employee
By sensor you mean the actually Cherry switch correct? That is the nature of a mechanical keyboard, it might be more noticeable with the larger keycap buttons. It can also sound slightly different because the space bar and some other keycaps need stabilizers which cause a slightly different sound.

By sensor you mean the actually Cherry switch correct? That is the nature of a mechanical keyboard, it might be more noticeable with the larger keycap buttons. It can also sound slightly different because the space bar and some other keycaps need stabilizers which cause a slightly different sound.

No this is simply the cherry switch.

If I take the keys off the space bar and say the ALT, and then simply depress and release the switches, the space results in a metalic twang/ring sound when released. This does not happen on other switches (eg: ALT).

I can even just gently tap it (not fully depressing it - just making light contact) and get the same sound.

Do you know how I've had to solve it? I had to ram part of an elastic band into the back of the space bar where the cherry switch sits/fits. This obviously then keeps the switch constantly depressed a bit, preventing it from travelling over the top millimeter or two of its upper most limit.

Hmmm...

• 1 year later...

I just got the K95 platinum keyboard - cherry brown keys

There is a metallic ringing sound with each and every keystroke - rings for about 1.5 seconds after striking a key. This happens even if I just lightly brush/flick any key - it must be coming from the aluminum keyboard chassis I guess - it's super annoying and if I can't get a fix for it, can't really see using this keyboard at all.

Anyone have any suggestions - similar issues ?

There is a metallic ringing sound with each and every keystroke - rings for about 1.5 seconds after striking a key. This happens even if I just lightly brush/flick any key - it must be coming from the aluminum keyboard chassis I guess - it's super annoying and if I can't get a fix for it, can't really see using this keyboard at all.

I actually stuffed some cut up elasticband into the key to prevent some metal ringing.

I also have the K95 Platinum with Cherry Brown, but I have no ringing sound at all, just the mechanical click.

Very weird.

Edited by Salsiccia