Corsair Community

RGB Fan lights immediately blew out.

Jakomelo

Heyo. I upgraded to the gorgeous 570x case a week ago and hooked everything up no problem. When I went to turn it on for the first time, the LEDs in the fans instantly went out and I smelled a bit of smoke.

They still spin but don't light up at all and the controller for them seems to do nothing. Anyone else have this issue or know what went wrong?

Also I put in a support ticket 6 days ago and have yet to receive a response...does it usually take this long?! ID is #2000454205

It's not a common issue. What went wrong? Hard to say. One thing we've seen is that folks don't use the cables that come with their modular PSU - that can tend to mess things up. Outside of that, we've also seen occasional issues with mis-wired cables from the factory (only once or twice) and ... well ... just plain bad luck.

So ... I'd check and make sure that your power cables are correct. Outside of that ... hopefully you'll get a reply from support.

Thanks you two. I checked the wires for the hub as well as the sata cables (which are connected to the original PSU cables) and found nothing melted or burned.

Everything is where it should be so this has just left me confused and with less money in my wallet...Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement. :laughing:

I will check out that thread though Zotty since I have some down time. Thanks!

Thanks you two. I checked the wires for the hub as well as the sata cables (which are connected to the original PSU cables) and found nothing melted or burned.

Everything is where it should be so this has just left me confused and with less money in my wallet...Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement. :laughing:

I will check out that thread though Zotty since I have some down time. Thanks!

OK man.. good luck :).. hope you get sorted