Corsair Community

How to connect QL fans to Commander Pro

bernardb

I just installed a Commander Pro, XD5, XC7 and 4 QL120 fans. I have the pump and CPU cooling block RGB working. The fans all run but I cannot figure out how to make them light up.

There are 2 cables coming from each fan with no instructions as to what they are for. I plugged in the ones that fit into the "Fan" sockets on the CP and have no idea what to do with the other cable coming from each fan.

Do the 2 cables from each fan have to be plugged in? To what? I am very confused.

Thanks for the help!

You need to use the Lightning Node Core which can manage the RGB for up to 6 fans (the node with a 3 pack of 120mm QL's or a 2 pack of 140mm QL's). Here's Corsair Lab's video on the subject: [ame=https://youtu.be/jWztfm3VgZM]How To Setup CORSAIR iCUE QL RGB Fans[/ame]

One cable from the fan is for the fan power and PWM (this you have already found out).

The other cable from the fan is for the RGB lighting. This cable will need to be connected to a Lighting Node Core.

You should have gotten a Lighting Node Core with the 3 pack of fans you bought or with the case you have depending on what case you have.

I bought 4 separate fans, no Lighting Node Core included. I am confused, I thought the Commander Pro took the place of the Lighting Node? I need MORE little boxes to make the fans light up? How the heck do I connect all these things together? That video only showed how to use a Lighting Node Core and seemed to indicate that if I had a Commander Pro I would no need the Lighting Node Cores.

PLUS I have no more USB Headers on my MB... The instructions with the Commanded Pro should be more specific about this stuff. There were no instructions at all included with the QL fans.

Thanks for the replies. So I have to buy 2 Lighting Node Cores now? Yikes...

No, you don't need Lighting Node Cores. You can put the QL fans on a Commander Pro just fine. The QL fans do, however, ship with the Lighting Node Core (in the multipacks). This is no different from every other Corsair fan out there.

You will absolutely need an RGB Fan LED Hub however. Again, no different from every other Corsair RGB Fan.

You'll need to make sure that you have the latest version of iCUE. From there, go to the Lighting Setup for the appropriate channel. Select QL RGB Series Fans. Select the appropriate number of fans. Apply your effects. Done.

Thanks for the reply!

So I need to buy 1 or 2 of these: "RGB Fan LED Hub", is that correct?

And they plug into the Commander Pro?

This is confusing me because iCUE does control the fan speeds fine, just no lighting whatsoever. I thought the Commander Pro would do all of it. I didn't realize the scope of this project requiring more doodads to light up the fans...

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply!

This is confusing me because iCUE does control the fan speeds fine, just no lighting whatsoever. I thought the Commander Pro would do all of it. I didn't realize the scope of this project requiring more doodads to light up the fans...

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the misinformation before. You'll only need one RGB LED Hub as you can connect up to 6 x RGB fans per unit.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the help.

QL fans connect in the same way as Corsair's other RGB Fans.. as said you would need an RGB Fan LED Hub.

have a Read of my Faq buddy... explains all...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks for all your help.

One last question:

Can I connect and control (fan speed, pump speed, RGB lighting effects) the devices listed below with (1) Commander Pro and (1) RGB Fan LED Hub?

(1) XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir with temperature probe

(1) XC7 RGB CPU water block

(4) QL120 RGB Fans

Thanks again, sorry for all the questions but I have already spent a bunch of money on this and don't want to buy the wrong gizmo...