Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

Dongle: 1.7.58

Mouse: 1.11.113

Still getting various double-clicks after rebooting. I'm now getting the issue with the right mouse button. Before rebooting, I also experienced it with the left mouse button and both the forward and back side buttons. Seems to happen when plugged in and in wireless modes.

Just joined to chime in that the latest firmware (1.11.113) fixed the double click issue for me.

If you are having issues getting the firmware to install (mine kept failing over and over), try changing your polling rate and then try again. I was about to give up after several failed update attempts (each of which wouldn't get past 0%), and I changed my polling rate from 1000Hz to 500Hz on a whim. Surprisingly this allowed the 1.11.113 firmware to install on the very next attempt. Sorry if this has been discussed already -- I didn't go back and read all 14 pages of posts.

Promised an update, and an update I shall deliver to you all.

The firmware update should be live and available to perform through iCUE now or very shortly. You'll see an update button at the bottom left corner of the iCUE window prompting for the update. The video below goes over the process:

Your device should have a FW version of 1.11.113 after the update. Please leave additional feedback if you run into any issues, or the problem still exists.

Is the MacOS version updated too?

I returned the mouse(still hadn't had any clicking issues again, but I never installed iCUE on Mac or Win or updated firmware again as stated before). I need a mouse that is slipstream wireless(so I can use one dongle with headphones), and at least 6 side buttons(but enough space to rest my thumb flat without accident hitting any buttons. The scimitar has too many buttons and no thumb space).

• Corsair Employee
Is the MacOS version updated too?

I returned the mouse(still hadn't had any clicking issues again, but I never installed iCUE on Mac or Win or updated firmware again as stated before). I need a mouse that is slipstream wireless(so I can use one dongle with headphones), and at least 6 side buttons(but enough space to rest my thumb flat without accident hitting any buttons. The scimitar has too many buttons and no thumb space).

FW update for macOS is available at the same time as Windows. If you're looking for a mouse with additional side buttons and is SLIPSTREAM compatible, but fewer than Scimitar, I'd recommend the Dark Core RGB Pro or SE model. It has a thumb and optional pinky rest as well.

This is getting ridiculous. The issue is still present with the latest dongle and mouse firmware with the latest version of iCUE. There also seems to be odd behavior when dragging to select. This is the worst performing mouse that I've ever used. What am I even supposed to do with this mouse? I can't RMA it because this is clearly not an issue that will be solved by a replacement mouse. I could have gotten a way better experience with an under $15 mouse from Amazon. At least one of those mice would behave as a mouse should. Who ever heard of a mouse that randomly double or triple clicks and lets go of the mouse button halfway through dragging something? This is so frustrating. I commonly have to stop myself from throwing this mouse against the wall. I am now in a position where I'm probably going to have to buy another wireless mouse just 4 months after I spent $50 on one. This is not a good consumer experience, Corsair. This product should just be recalled at this point.

Just wanted to say that after updating the iCue software, the dongle, and the mouse FW.. everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for sticking with it guys. I was critical earlier due to it taking so long, but hopefully it'll be a smooth experience from here out.

This is getting ridiculous. The issue is still present with the latest dongle and mouse firmware with the latest version of iCUE. There also seems to be odd behavior when dragging to select. This is the worst performing mouse that I've ever used. What am I even supposed to do with this mouse? I can't RMA it because this is clearly not an issue that will be solved by a replacement mouse. I could have gotten a way better experience with an under $15 mouse from Amazon. At least one of those mice would behave as a mouse should. Who ever heard of a mouse that randomly double or triple clicks and lets go of the mouse button halfway through dragging something? This is so frustrating. I commonly have to stop myself from throwing this mouse against the wall. I am now in a position where I'm probably going to have to buy another wireless mouse just 4 months after I spent $50 on one. This is not a good consumer experience, Corsair. This product should just be recalled at this point.

My sentiments exactly. Exactly what ARE we supposed to do now if this latest firmware and iCUE update hasn't made any difference at all for us? Wait another year for a new firmware update which may or may not even work? Keep using an expensive, defective mouse? Throw the damn thing in the trash can and write it off entirely? Have a different, functional mouse sent to us by Corsair as a courtesy?

I concur that the Harpoon RBG really should not be available for commercial sale if it's this much of a hassle to get working and firmware is so infrequent. This product should be recalled immediately and customers who bought it (for whom the new firmware still doesn't work) should be reimbursed with a different mouse by Corsair for all the hassle. I use this mouse to place bets on the betting exchange Betfair. I can't afford to have it double-and triple clicking with a mind of its own, possibly placing multiple bets at a time. The mouse is a liability.

Just to say that I had been forced to keep the 2 mice we have on the old 0.5.49/0.5.64 firmware so they were in a usable state despite trying several of the newer versions.

I bit the bullet and updated them both to the 1.7.58/1.11.113 firmware about 3 days ago and would like to confirm that I have not had a single occurrence of double clicking on either of them since.

It's been a very long road which has been far from ideal however I appreciate the efforts it must have taken during this difficult time so thank you.

As a note, is there a way to backup or take a local copy of a firmware incase a rollback is needed? Once bitten twice shy!

• Corsair Employee
Thank you everyone who has responded back with their feedback. We are tracking this information and relaying it back to our development and engineering teams. For those of you still experiencing issues, we haven't stopped the project, and still working on additional improvements. I'll continue to provide updates as I get them from our internal teams.

So why have I not got the new update available in icue?

I'm bloody sick of this double-clicking.

unknown.png?width=811&height=94

**Edit

I had to completely reinstall icue, now the new software version is showing up.

wXGoBmr.png

Dongle Firmware v. 1.7.58

Mouse Firmware v. 1.11.113

Over USB

Test 1: 200 clicks - no double.

Test 2: 200 clicks - no double.

Over Wireless (1000hz)

Test 3: 200 clicks - no double.

Over Wireless (500hz)

Test 4: 200 clicks - no double.

Thank you :)

Edited by K7L3

I've been periodically following this thread for a while now, as I got this mouse as a gift in September and had the same issue, making the mouse unusable. Just signed up to say that the last update fixed the issue both wired and wireless. None of the other updates or recommended work-arounds helped. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed about how long this took to fix, but I'm happy it is now, and I appreciate the effort. I'll report back if any further issues arise.

Same problems here with double clicking. It just started some time ago. I thought for the first week or so that it was just me. But it has grown so bad that any time I click on a window to move it the window goes to full screen.

I am not seeing any firmware to upgrade to either. I've reset the mouse but that didn't help. Thinking of uninstall the Corsair software to see if that fixes my problem.

Are you sure that this is only due to firmware issues? These Harpoon mice use the infamous Omron switches which are notorious for having double-click issues. I have had 4 mice from a different manufacturer which all had this double-click issue. Now I bought the Harpoon only to find out that they use the same crappy Chinese Omron switches, and now this is my 5th mouse with double-click issues.

Corsair, why the hell are you using these? Stop buying these switches. They are broken from manufacturing.

Just to say that I had been forced to keep the 2 mice we have on the old 0.5.49/0.5.64 firmware so they were in a usable state despite trying several of the newer versions.

I bit the bullet and updated them both to the 1.7.58/1.11.113 firmware about 3 days ago and would like to confirm that I have not had a single occurrence of double clicking on either of them since.

It's been a very long road which has been far from ideal however I appreciate the efforts it must have taken during this difficult time so thank you.

As a note, is there a way to backup or take a local copy of a firmware incase a rollback is needed? Once bitten twice shy!

when I first filed a support ticket, they gave me the older firmware as a .zip. But you're right, there should be a library where you can download it independent of iCue

• Corsair Employee
when I first filed a support ticket, they gave me the older firmware as a .zip. But you're right, there should be a library where you can download it independent of iCue

As of right now there are no plans to have a public repository of FW files. This is mostly due to the fact that they are specific for each device, and our technical support team can provide you with correct file so you don't run into any additional issues. You can request a firmware file from our support team in the following link:

https://support.corsair.com/

To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.

5. Type Regedit and then click OK.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

7. Right-click and delete the folder.

8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

9. Right-click and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi and reinstall.

12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.

Can someone upload the iCUEsetup 3.18.77. The links don't work anymore and this stupid mouse is ruining CS. Honestly don't understand how this is still a thing with this mouse, but what ever. I just need a new link/upload to a old software version please <3