Corsair Community

AX1500i fan not spinning at 600w+ loads and reaching 55+c

Zathir

First off, hi all :)

I'm wondering if you can help me out. I've tried to do my due diligence but would like some clarification.

I have a AX1500i in my main rig which can pull 600w+, but the fan will not turn on. Now I realise this is potentially due to not quite (but very close) to meeting 40% load. However the thing which is confusing me is that its reaching 55c+ while in this passive mode which seems a bit high considering its marketed as continued output full load (or similar wording I think) at 50c.

So to me it doesn't make much sense that its not trying to keep itself a little below 50c when around 35+% load, yet will keep itself below 50c (?) at full load, because of the fan I guess. What's the safest highest passive temp and would the fan kick in then? Its a system that's on a lot running demanding software.

The 55+ degrees (celcius) is from Corsair Link or ICUE for what its worth.

So I think it would have to hit 650w (40℅) for fans to spin, so I'm literally at the threshold I think being at 600+ watts, and I know I can create a fan profile, but I just want to know if this is a completely safe passive temp given the load? It's the 50c marketing that gets me because at much less load I'd expect it it/want it to be cooler, but that's just what I'd like :)

Many thanks

Edited by Zathir

I use Link to manage my HX1000i and the custom fan profile keeps my PSU cool which is the way I like it. I am not a big fan of zero fan speed designs, I realize noise is an issue but my chassis fans are huge so they move lots of air with lower RPM.