iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm i was just gonna make a thread im scared to update to 3.19 cause i did have it updated but downgraded when i saw this thread couple days ago saying people were having issues. Soo i SHOULDNT UPDATE TO 3.19 YET. Still messed up right? Can anyone comment? whats the deal with that? Like wtf thats so wrong. i thought my pc was gonna blow up. I booted up my pc and i always launch with task manager open. And i saw system inturppts with 100% cpu usage and my motherboard was beeping. im like ohh wtf its gonna blow? thats soo wrong. good thing i got a good expensive motherboard that might of bypassed the overload lawl. SHAME ON YOU CORSAIR

Hmm i was just gonna make a thread im scared to update to 3.19 cause i did have it updated but downgraded when i saw this thread couple days ago saying people were having issues. Soo i SHOULDNT UPDATE TO 3.19 YET. Still messed up right? Can anyone comment? whats the deal with that? Like wtf thats so wrong. i thought my pc was gonna blow up. I booted up my pc and i always launch with task manager open. And i saw system inturppts with 100% cpu usage and my motherboard was beeping. im like ohh wtf its gonna blow? thats soo wrong. good thing i got a good expensive motherboard that might of bypassed the overload lawl. SHAME ON YOU CORSAIR

Yep, don't update to 3.19. I was trouble shooting suspected catastrophic component failure on less than 6 month old hardware all because of i cue, makes you think how much impact these programs have on a system and what went so wrong to cause multiple dramatic issues. this update literally caused the following for me.

- around 20% less fps in game

- choppy performance and feel in-game due to pegged single core usage

- poor Cpu performance

- poor ssd read/ writes

turned my system into a complete potato, making me resort to troubleshooting hardware failure. not happy....

Edited by 3clrbrst1960

jesus christ..

I SPENT HOURS DIAGNOSING THIS!!! I am so incredibly angry right now..

HOW HAVE YOU NOT PULLED THIS VERSION BY NOW?

I reinstalled windows and drivers and programs TWICE until I pinned down the high cpu usage to 3.19.

8+ HOURS of my life LOST because of this mess. you need to fire your software team and hire a new one.

and best start a new version of icue from scratch. each version is one disaster after another

I really think 3.19 should have been pulled at this time. The issue is very difficult to troubleshoot on its own. It's not as simple as iCUE.exe taking all the CPU so it would be easy to identify. Instead it is the high system interrupts causing all sorts of issues.

Moreover, if you use LatencyMon or similar tools, you will be mislead by other stuff such as video drivers or HD audio being the culprit...

We had an official word from Corsair, but no details or ETA for a fix.

More people might be affected, but they might not be reading the forums and still trying to figure out what is going on...

At least, if the software is not pulled, there should be a statement/advisory, especially that they seem to have found the root cause at least 12 days ago...

3.18 seems to be a good version for me at least... though I'm waiting for a new version so I can get my profiles back...

Find a nice setting for your RAM LEDs that makes you decently OK to put up with forever, take the hours of time to recreate any lighting affects on the keyboard hardware with now basic effects to what you have normally. turn off iCR*P, and uninstall. Done.

Im already shopping Logitech keyboards, boys.

Time to go back.

All of us.

As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.

Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D

I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.

Sadly that is most companies cranking out computer parts these days and the "high end" ones are some of the worst. But since so many "reviews" these days are published/written by fanboys who get their hardware for free in exchange for positive reviews (let's be honest mmmkay?) you have to really be careful believing positive reviews. I allowed myself to fall for one -- knowing Corsair's RGB control software has been bad in the past (we have bought and returned Corsair RGB keyboards over the poor software) -- because one reviewer of the Dominator Platinum RGB modules I read acknowledged those problems but claimed the software was much more reliable now. So I got chumped and until 3.19.120 release came out I was starting to think I would never get RGB lighting control working on my rig.

For the lucky ones who are able to use older versions of the iCue software and still control/configure their RGB DIMM's, I would definitely say don't use this version. Me, unfortunately, this 3.19.120 seems to be the first iCue version they've released -- or at least the only one I have found of the last several -- that finds my Corsair RGB DIMM's on my Asrock X299 Overclock Formula (OCF) mobo. I hope they fix the interrupts/lag/latency problem with the next release. FWIW the Timings menu section doesn't show anything on my rig either.

Edited by RetroRambler

I'm having problems with this version too, some days I noticed a bug in lighting node pro in 1 of the fans, it blinked a lot and now the outside edge doesn't light up anymore, I felt my graphic power drop a lot! To the point of having slight game crashes and losing my RGB configuration on ASUS Aura, I have now downgraded to iCue and can't get back to the lighting node PRO firmware, anyone going through something similar too?

Corsair needs to pull this update immediately i have no idea why they haven't. Why could you guys not build in hardware memory into your products. This way once profile is set you would have no need for this totally ****e software.

Most recent Corsair products do have hardware memory and are capable of saving lighting effects to the device. This includes the RGB RAM. Uncheck "enable full software control" and the program will save the effect the modules. It does limit you to the presets and basic colors. No CPU and software to control, no 11 layer lighting effects. However, using hardware mode and still running iCUE 3.19 will not side step the current issue. You either need to quit the software or roll back to 3.18.77 for the time being.

Yea I spent about a day and a half diagnosing this clean install of windows like others and almost rma'ed my gpu. Thank you corsair for the near heart attack and hours of losing my mind. One more thing rolled back to 3.18 and have trouble with my void headset cutting my audio off and forcing me to restart. Please fix your software or I may have to go back to logi. Edited by Spoons727

Yea I spent about a day and a half diagnosing this clean install of windows like others and almost rma'ed my gpu. Thank you corsair for the near heart attack and hours of losing my mind. One more thing rolled back to 3.18 and have trouble with my void headset cutting my audio off and forcing me to restart. Please fix your software or I may have to go back to logi.

damn. I feel you bro

Yep, don't update to 3.19. I was trouble shooting suspected catastrophic component failure on less than 6 month old hardware all because of i cue, makes you think how much impact these programs have on a system and what went so wrong to cause multiple dramatic issues. this update literally caused the following for me.

- around 20% less fps in game

- choppy performance and feel in-game due to pegged single core usage

- poor Cpu performance

- poor ssd read/ writes

turned my system into a complete potato, making me resort to troubleshooting hardware failure. not happy....

Yeah man thats totally not right. We should totally get a compensation or a new CPU for free. Thats ****ed upp. i mean it could of blown up my house and killed my family for poor coding. Fire ur Devs or do something right for us Corsair. Freaking morons. Like thats soo wrong. Look at this youtube video. Exactly what i thought of haha

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5sriZaHr5o[/ame]

And now it is done. iCUE 3.20.80 is up and the ugliness of this issue is nowhere to be found. My testing came out incredibly steady and consistent. I think everyone is good to go. Just in case, back up your C:Users/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder prior to updating to 3.20. This is your short term fall back in there if there is a critical issue on any new release and you have to revert to the prior -- without losing everything.

As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.

Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D

I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.

I submitted a trouble ticket for this issue. Their response was "If the temperatures are fine, then the CPU block may be too tight. Have you tried loosening the CPU block?"

Loosen the CPU block. OK.....

...maybe if my x58 dropped a channel of RAM, sure.