Corsair Community

H100i Platinum Not Detected in iCUE or anywhere else

AberrantX

Hello,

Today I purchased an H100I Platinum RGB since they got marked down to $99. Everything went great with the installation, had every cable connected right and went to boot up. I have Vengeance PRO RGB so my system already had the latest version of iCUE installed, 3.34.170. Upon opening it up I realize the H100i just simply isn't there, with nothing in device manager whatsoever. I did something during troubleshooting to cause it to go dark with the fans on full blast. At that point the problem was nearly identical to the one in this thread from a year ago. So I decided to go right back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new one, assuming the first was DOA. Nope! Same exact problem with a brand new AIO, luckily the fans were normal and RGB was on.

Steps I've already tried:

-Reinstalling iCUE

-Installing 1 month old, then 1 year old version

-A different MOBO USB header

-Micro-USB to back USB port instead of regular cable, nothing

-Installing Corsair Link

-Uninstalling Corsair Link

-Restarting PC a plethora of times

-Ensuring any other RGB software is completely uninstalled

-Quadruple checking every cable connection

-Literally replacing with a brand new one

-Restarting iCUE service

Some things to note:

-When starting iCUE, windows plays the device disconnected sound

-Nothing in Device Manager except the Corsair Bus under System Devices

-Unplugging/replugging the USB does not make any changes in device manager or anywhere else

-This is a first time set up

-There are no programs like EVGA PX or Mystic Light installed

I am at a complete loss, it'd be really nice to see the correct temperatures and unlock the full potential of the $100 product I just bought.

Edited by AberrantX

I'm having the same issue with my H100i Pro RGB not being recognized, but the difference is mine was fine until I attempted to do a firmware update.

I've pretty much tried everything I can to get it to come back, or at least everything mentioned in any forum post here, or any other prominent computer hardware forum.

It looks like you have also exhausted the list of items mentioned on the internet. Mine is no longer detected by Windows either, so we may be starting at the same point anyway even though mine had worked for 10 months.

Right now I have my fans hooked up to the MB as case fans and am using the PWM control on the MB to control fan speed to some extent. That way I can still use the computer, but it is a bit noisy and I cannot seem to control the pump RPMs. It seems like the pump is running in the default quiet mode since I have to run the fan speeds higher than usual to keep temps down. Hopefully I can get this resolved. I will keep you updated if I hear back from Corsair Support and what they suggest to try.

I have the same issue. After the latest update 3.34.170, my H115i Platinum is no longer detected in the icue software and also not in the windows devices. I have made a comment on another similar thread on the forum yesterday, but no positive feedback yet.

This definitely seems like an issue that many people are having. I did get some troubleshooting steps from Corsair and I'll share them in case they work for someone else:

• Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

• Uninstall the CUE software.

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

• Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

• Restart your computer

• Reinstall CUE using this version instead: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi

But the issue is still persistent, those steps unfortunately did not work.

Edited by AberrantX

This definitely seems like an issue that many people are having. I did get some troubleshooting steps from Corsair and I'll share them in case they work for someone else:

• Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

• Uninstall the CUE software.

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

• Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

• Restart your computer

• Reinstall CUE using this version instead: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi

But the issue is still persistent, those steps unfortunately did not work.

I have followed all the steps above + I also booted into safemode and deleted all the corsair files on the PC ( Startup, and Program Files ) and my issue is now resolved.

Thanks for the assistance

• Like 1