Corsair Community

iCUE not finding NoPro, lights are working

GrtWhtBuffalo

I am new here, and this was also my first build. I have been searching everywhere and troubleshooting to figure out why I can't find the NoPro in iCUE.

I have a H100i AIO cooler and 3 LL120 fans plugged into the fan hub (slots 1,2,3) then to the NoPro.

A little background,

Originally I had the AIO into a MOBO USB2 and the NoPRO plugged into another MOBO USB 2.0. Only the AIO or the NoPRO would show up in iCUE, not both. I swapped the usb's and whichever unit was being detected would disappear and the other would show up. I am mentioning this because I know that the NoPRO does work. What I though was an acceptable USB had two pins without power for the ROG_EXT.

I bought a USB splitter to go into the one actual USB 2.0 and plugged both the AIO and NoPro into its two slots. Now all that is detected is the AIO and not the NoPro. I have uninstalled and re-installed iCUE, updated all firmware and tried the reset button on the NoPRO.

I also downloaded your link software to see if it would recognize the NoPRO, and it did...and told me that iCUE was controlling it :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the novel

TLDR: 1. Uninstall LINK 2. Remove the splitter 3. Make sure both devices have SATA power 4. Try the NZXT hub if the rest doesn't help.

I am assuming that both h100i and the LNP are plugged into SATA power as well as the USB header. You will probably not get both of them to appear when connected to a USB splitter. To be honest I am surprised even one showed up. Uninstall link software, it's just going to make iCue cranky. If you're have problems with USB 2.0 headers, you might try something like the NZXT motherboard header hub. It will allow you to connect it to the motherboard and then your other USB 2.0 devices to the hub. You should be able to see everything then. If not, we can go from there.

I guess a USB splitter is the wrong terminology. I have a USB hub, not the NZXT brand but it looks very similar but with only two USB 2.0 slots on it.

I only had corsair link for an hour to troubleshoot and see if it would register.

Both the AIO and the NoPro have sata power. I have unplugged and plugged them back in to ensure a good connection.Everything works, fans, pump, lights, but all that icue can detect is the AIO and my ram.

I decided to buy a USB3.1 to 2.0 connector.I'll unplug my front panel usb's/audio and see if icue will register the nopro on a dedicated mobo usb slot. The computer sees the nopro is there because when i unplug the microusb? macro, idk whatever that connection is, it makes that ding noise like plugging in a flash drive.

I added a commander pro and took the USB from the AIO cooler and plugged into the commander pro. I can now see everything and control everything from iCue.

I am now getting the USb disconnected and connected sound sporadically. Only the AIO cooler lights will go out and then come back. Usually only a second or two of off time. The other three fans not associated to the AIO stay lit as well as my MOBO and GPU lights.

I have changed where the pump and Commander Pro get their SATA [ower but that has not fixed the issue. Could this be a hardware issue? The cooler is a H100i Pro SE

I also noticed the speed of my fans not connected to the AIO were fluctuating quite a bit. I uninstalled icue and the fans are now running at a constant speed and the AIO does not disconnect/reconnect.

That sounds like a fan curve based on the CPU temperature. This is typically not recommended for case fans or AIO fans - and it's not something that you need to do with a CoPro as it has temp sensors that are absolutely great to use as the source for your fan curve.

• 4 weeks later...
A little late, but after removing icue all of my fans are running smoothly and I do not have the random "ding" sound of a usb being unplugged and then plugged back in. Everything has been running smoothly without icue. It is a little frustrating not to have the monitoring or color choices, but until I have more time to dig into it I guess this will just have to do. I did go into bios to ensure Asus mobo wasn't trying to control fans, and it was not.

How can mobo control the fans if they are connected to the CoPro?

I'd rather check in the BIOS if every USB-related control is active.

If I were in your shoes i'd rather install iCue again and try to solve the problem... obviously time is necessary.

1) double check your configuration and connections. As far as I understand what you wrote, you have 1 CoPro, 1 RGB hub, 3 LL 120 RGB fans and an AIO. If you're still using the Lighting Node Pro, remove it as it's pleonastic. A CoPro is a LNP+fan hub, and you don't need 2 LNPs.

So the right connections should be:

RGB => plug all RGB fan cables into the RGB hub, then connect it to LED port 1 of the CoPro. Pay attention to use ports 1, 2 and 3 of the RGB hub, don't skip any port.

RPM => plug all RPM fan cables to the CoPro fan ports. Skip one of those ports is not mandantory but I'd use the first 3 ports anyway

USB => plug the USB cable from the AIO into USB port 1 of the CoPro, then the CoPro USB cable into a motherboard USB 2.0 header. Look your mobo's manual carefully, some manufacturers often use "half" headers but Corsair's stuff need a full one.

AIO => don't know your AIO well, but there should be a double fan header to plug RPM fan cables into, then a fan cable to plug into the motherboard to read pump speed.

SATA POWER => don't use Y splitters for those cables but plug them directly into cables from you PSU, it's very important.

2) If you still experience USB disconnects, try to hard reset the CoPro by the pinhole procedure. Check if there is an avaliable firmware upgrade first.

3) install iCue and go into the AIO section. Set a custom fan curve binding it not to the CPU temperature sensor but to the AIO's liquid temperatur sensor... this should resolve the fans spikes issue.

If you're still experiencing the USB disconnect issue, you may try to use an internal USB hub and see if it helps.

And check if there are newer USB drivers for your mobo... I'd rather reinstall them even if it's not a new version.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...

Baio

Everything was connected as you had said already. I did not realize that the default fan curves were based off CPU temp. I was trying to find how to change it, but making my own curves solved the fan speeding up and slowing down problem. I also found the USB in device manager to be corrupt. I re-installed it and the cooler pops back up in icue.

Unfortunately, the USB disconnect/connect issue is still a problem. Upon further research it looks like a lot of people are having it. To clarify, my computer makes the usb disconnect and then connect right after and my AIO H100i Plat. cooler light flickers. There are many posts about this issue.

Like this post

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=184745&highlight=h100i+platinum+usb

So until corsair fixes this I guess i'm out of luck. On a side note is it normal for CPU temp to jump like crazy? At 3% load in a 16 degree © ambient room my coolant temp is 28 degrees © but my cpu temp is jumping between 39 and 49 degrees ©?

Edited by GrtWhtBuffalo

Everything was connected as you had said already. I did not realize that the default fan curves were based off CPU temp. I was trying to find how to change it, but making my own curves solved the fan speeding up and slowing down problem. I also found the USB in device manager to be corrupt. I re-installed it and the cooler pops back up in icue.

Unfortunately, the USB disconnect/connect issue is still a problem. Upon further research it looks like a lot of people are having it. To clarify, my computer makes the usb disconnect and then connect right after and my AIO H100i Plat. cooler light flickers. There are many posts about this issue.

Like this post

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=184745&highlight=h100i+platinum+usb

So until corsair fixes this I guess i'm out of luck. On a side note is it normal for CPU temp to jump like crazy? At 3% load in a 16 degree © ambient room my coolant temp is 28 degrees © but my cpu temp is jumping between 39 and 49 degrees ©?

Yes, the USB connect/disconnect problem affects a certain number of users… sorry for you.

Which CPU do you have in your system? If it's a Ryzen (1 or 2) it's absolutely normal.

Baio

It's is a ryzen 7 2700X, I did some research and it does seem normal. Thank you for your help, I guess I'll just live with the USB sound for as long as I can. I may talk to corsair to see if I can exchange it for something that doesn't ruin game and movie sounds.A little disheartening being my first build... and it looked so good.

Once again thanks for all the help

Edited by GrtWhtBuffalo