Corsair Community

I am a complete Noob here. Plz help :)

IceInMyMilk

• Corsair Employee

A FTW3 what? 2080? 3080?

You really should be using a 750W+ with those cards.

But if you want to give it a try, that PSU has four PCIe connectors. Two connectors on two modular cables. So I'm not sure where the confusion is.

A FTW3 what? 2080? 3080?

You really should be using a 750W+ with those cards.

But if you want to give it a try, that PSU has four PCIe connectors. Two connectors on two modular cables. So I'm not sure where the confusion is.

Thank you JonnyGuru for the quick response! The 3080 to be exact. I just was not sure if this PSU was capable as far as wiring goes.

I would really not recommend it. Although the PSU has enough power, you don't have enough power connectors. The 3080 draws so much power the recommendation is to use TWO PCIe cables not just one. And not only that the that particular card has three connections and you only have a maximum of two. Now you certainly should be fine without the third but I would definitely run the two using two cables.

Recommendation here is to get an 850W power supply, although that's a little high if you take a look at corsair PSU's the 850W have tons of the right cables.

I suggest a new AX850 PSU which has more cables for this year's power pig video cards.

The RTX 3080 wants 320W of power which is insane, my RTX 2080 is 215W

My 2080S draws 330W full throttle, it's not that insane. But yeah, the 3080 hat a lot of headroom left in terms of power. The FTW3 cards have 3 power connectors for a good reason. I would not go with less than 3 seperate cables on that thing

• Corsair Employee
I suggest a new AX850 PSU which has more cables for this year's power pig video cards.

The RTX 3080 wants 320W of power which is insane, my RTX 2080 is 215W

The one he has has four; two sets of two.

The AX850 has six; three sets of two.

Having one more set of two tha the does not require does not make the PSU any more capable of powering his PC.