Corsair Community

obsidian series 500d white

andrewmp6

I really hope you guys do make it in white,Its a amazing case in my eyes just rather not have to take a case apart to paint it lol.I already have the m65 pro mouse in white,A white Sennisher gaming zero headset,And Soon the white/silver k70 keyboard will be added.

I agree and would like to see it. However, I would bear in mind it is an Obsidian line product and even if the old class distinction seems to going away, there hasn't been much color variation in that line in the past. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this an old thread, but I wanted to resurrect it.

I've just got my hands on a shiny new 500D RGB and the moment it turned up I realised that I really should have opted fr a white case to show off what I am planning to do. Now I am seriously considering pulling this puppy apart and painting it white myself.

Has anyone done this before, even with a different case? What pitfalls do I need to watch out for (apart from obviously ensuring I remember where each piece goes and in what orientation !!) I've never pulled the bones of a case apart before or painted anything. Picking the right paint is obviously one of the first challenges.

This will be a good project thread for the Modding forum - luckily I have one there all ready to go for the progress photos :-)

Really thinking this case would look very schmick in white.

taking photos of the strip down as it happens is a good idea!. tracking what goes where etc.. good luck man.. neeeeeeed to see pictures when done! :)

Good thinking Zotty!

Picked up a couple of cans of paint on the way home tonight (primer and a matt white) and am gonna do some test painting using a couple of spare old cases I have lying around just to make sure the mix of primer and colour, plus my technique is right.

And don't worry, I plan to bore the pants out of you with photos - I do love following other people's builds along and the photos really do tell the story so I'm hoping to return the favour with my build. It won't be an overnight job, this is my pet project to keep me distracted from RL for the next few weeks !