Corsair Community

H50 leaked

dcd

my H50 liquid cooling system has leaked. it has completly shorted out all of my components, even the PSU. i have pictures and video documenting the whole thing. I know for sure the PSU, GPU and MB are gone I dried the computer off as best i can and even reinstalled the componenets in another computer but to no avail. I have tried the company phone number but since its the holiday i cannot get in touch with anyone. I really need someone from Corsair to get back to me on this. Unless anyone else has a solution?

Looks like some yahoo removed it from the filter. Sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to change your username to something else. PM me with what you'd like to change it to and I'll do it for you.

I agree with nitroburn, I've never heard of an H50 or the Asetek predecessors leak before either. Was a tube crimped or something?

Owch, never heard of these things leaking, iv'e had mine for a bit over 2-3 months i think, and it's still happily chugging along :D

Now, how bent were the hoses? these things are flexible but not fold-able!

Could you post a pic of the pump within the pc?

• 2 weeks later...
my H50 liquid cooling system has leaked. it has completly shorted out all of my components, even the PSU. i have pictures and video documenting the whole thing. I know for sure the PSU, GPU and MB are gone I dried the computer off as best i can and even reinstalled the componenets in another computer but to no avail. I have tried the company phone number but since its the holiday i cannot get in touch with anyone. I really need someone from Corsair to get back to me on this. Unless anyone else has a solution?

UPDATE: i have sent the parts rma to corsair. verdict: H50 leaked (;): joytech22 and nitroburn);. corsair has said they would replace any damaged parts, satisfaction pending the replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
UPDATE: i have sent the parts rma to corsair. verdict: H50 leaked (;): joytech22 and nitroburn);. corsair has said they would replace any damaged parts, satisfaction pending the replacement.

UPDATE: i have received the replacement parts courtesy of the fine people at corsair. Im very pleased with the customer service and professionalism that was used during this ordeal (i consider it one anyway). Now im happy to report my computer i7 920@4.0 GHZ is idiling nicely at 43C and at 100% load its max temp is 83C which isn't too high as 920's tend to run a bit hot. good job corsair. special thanks to ram guy and the customer service department. you guys rock!:biggrin:

• 2 months later...

This thread really made my calm down. 2 days ago I had just assembled my new system and was really intreaged to see how it would perform. But unfortunately for me I never got that far because of the same problem as threadstarter :[pouts:

But this thread really makes my heart to not give me a heartattack and that really makes me believe everything will be okay.

I will talk with Corsair service about it when I get home, and after reading this thread Im so happy.

UPDATE: i have received the replacement parts courtesy of the fine people at corsair. Im very pleased with the customer service and professionalism that was used during this ordeal (i consider it one anyway). Now im happy to report my computer i7 920@4.0 GHZ is idiling nicely at 43C and at 100% load its max temp is 83C which isn't too high as 920's tend to run a bit hot. good job corsair. special thanks to ram guy and the customer service department. you guys rock!:biggrin:

Wow. I knew Corsair had good customer service but didn't expect this. Really nice, been eyeing the H50 myself. :)

That is awesome. Very good to hear they replaced everything that was damaged. This thread reinforces my future purchase of this cooler. It also makes my purchase of a corsair PSU and RAM for my new build that more confident. Keep up the great customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how long I should wait for Corsair support to answer me back?

I have written to them yeasterday morning, and today at 12 but I still haven't heard from them.

When you submit you text it says they will respond within 24 hours but is that something I can count on, because its over 24hours now :sigh!:

• 3 weeks later...
How long will Corsair cover something like this? I've been very pleased with my H50 (not to mention my HX850, 700D, and Dominator 1600 DDR3), and was even happier to have found out that Corsair stands this firmly by its products :-)

Hey there fellas, i am new to this community, better late than never, i have my eye set on the H50 i just built a rig with stock Cpu cooler that is very crap, so i am surely going to but the h50, just need to know "do i have to change the cooling liquid in the radiator?"

I have searched everywhere for the answer with no luck, so please just let me know, i don't care whether i have to change it or not, i just have no experience so i want to know to be prepared. I have no doubt about this products quality and performance, i have never purchased a corsair product before, no specific reason, just luck, so im looking forward to buying this product..

Thanks is advance:biggrin:

Archived