Corsair Community

Hydro X Custom Cooling System CRYSTAL 680 X

NBGKecko

Hi,

I am an absolute noob to the subject of water cooling!

I need your help and wanted to ask questions about this loop here:

https://ibb.co/sPFch07

sPFch07

I turn on the power and the pump starts to whistle softly. After about 10 seconds, the whistling is louder. The pump does not deliver coolant!

I really do not know why it is. Did I connect the hoses incorrectly? Is the circuit / loop wrong?

I deliberately turned the CPU block because I wanted to route the cable upwards. Is that the error?

Or should i loop it like this:

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-05/corsair-hydro-x-custom-wasserkuehlung-corsair/#bilder

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

The cpu block being backwards isn't optimal for flow, but shouldn't cause the pump to not pump. It may be the air between the gpu block and the pump is causing a pressure problem. You might be able to tilt your case so that the air goes into the pump and the water fills the space, which might allow the pump to start working. I had a similar issue when I had drained my system to change something and did a refill.

AS above, using reverse flow through the CPU block might cost you 1-2C, but not stop flow. Incidentally, you can take the black pump cover off and rotate it independently of the block to make it take the optimal flow path in the inverted position -- if that is what you really want.

The paper towel is blocking my view a little, but it looks like:

Pump/res -> down to GPU -> front 360mm -> back up CPU block port right -> up and around to top reservoir entry.

However, it looks to me like your "out flow tube" is the one on the right of the two on that side. If so, that is an return port. There is only one outflow port on the XD5. It looks like you have reverse trickle back down from the reservoir, but not actual flow.

Seems like you have TWO intakes, top and bottom, next to the out-port.

You can only do ONE.

Also, do correct the positioning of the CPU block, cable management is easy.

Tubing needs some cutting, about 1/4 of an inch, you don't want them tilted.

The drain ball-valve is perfect where it's located.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=36812&d=1571536003

The cpu block being backwards isn't optimal for flow, but shouldn't cause the pump to not pump. It may be the air between the gpu block and the pump is causing a pressure problem. You might be able to tilt your case so that the air goes into the pump and the water fills the space, which might allow the pump to start working. I had a similar issue when I had drained my system to change something and did a refill.

good to hear.

i will try to tilt my case.

AS above, using reverse flow through the CPU block might cost you 1-2C, but not stop flow. Incidentally, you can take the black pump cover off and rotate it independently of the block to make it take the optimal flow path in the inverted position -- if that is what you really want.

The paper towel is blocking my view a little, but it looks like:

Pump/res -> down to GPU -> front 360mm -> back up CPU block port right -> up and around to top reservoir entry.

However, it looks to me like your "out flow tube" is the one on the right of the two on that side. If so, that is an return port. There is only one outflow port on the XD5. It looks like you have reverse trickle back down from the reservoir, but not actual flow.

here is another view.

https://prnt.sc/potvf0

i think i got the right OUT- and IN-Ports.

Seems like you have TWO intakes, top and bottom, next to the out-port.

You can only do ONE.

Also, do correct the positioning of the CPU block, cable management is easy.

Tubing needs some cutting, about 1/4 of an inch, you don't want them tilted.

The drain ball-valve is perfect where it's located.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=36812&d=1571536003

are you sure? pls see screenshot: https://prnt.sc/potvf0

OHHHHH MY GOD! that was it... thank you so mutch.

Pump works fine now. Tomorrow i will boot my new computer.

It's late in germany... so have a good day i will go to sleep like a baby now! :D: :D: :D:

another problem .....

the pump worked fine.. everything seems to be good.

so i connectet everything to the PSU.

Now the XC7 (CPU) and the XD5 (Pump) do not work anymore.

I only changed the BIOS to Windows. Then i tried to install Windows. The PC shut down after a while.

I suspect the computer was getting too hot and shut down. Here I noticed that neither the CPU nor the pump light up.

On the Hydro X system, I have changed nothing more, as described above, only plugged in the power connectors.

My Mortherboard (H370-F Gaming) lights up continuously. when the computer is on and when it is off. I do not know why that is.

but I believe that the error occurs since I have connected all devices.

on the first boot I already noticed that there is an error message for the CPU fan.

Any hint?

Please recheck pump power connection (the molex connector).

When powering on the system, can you feel any vibrations on the pump motor?

Is the pump 4-pin fan cable connected, where?

the pump is connectet directly to the PSU, to the GPU-Unit and to Slot 1 at my Commander Pro.

no vibrations on the pump! but they where there before...

as i said, before i booted the first time with all parts connectet it worked.

Edit: it seems like it was a broken wire. i connectet it to a new string of my PSU and now the pump and CPU is working again... but i still recive a fan error at the boot. what could that be?

i will try to fix this with iCue.

Edited by NBGKecko

Fan error at boot is because you don't have a cpu fan attached so the motherboard doesn't see a fan rpm reading. You can go into the bios and disable the cpu fan warning since you have water cooling now.

yeah, allready deactivated it. everything works fine now. thanks for your help!