Corsair Community

6 LL fans flickering simultaneously on Commander Pro, LED strips and Ram unaffected

komokazi

I seem to have this problem where my LL fans have started to lag/skip around the Rainbow Wave profile (or any profile). No hardware or software changes for months on months, this started a few days ago, I noticed a couple nights ago it wasn't doing it after a few nights that it was, and seems to only start after fully booted. Additionally, my normal profile won't even activate (problem since day 1) without having to lock the system and then log back in, then it will activate. None of the other components of my Corsair ecosystem are affected in a similar nature as the 6 LL fans (keyboard, mouse, mousepad, led strips, RAM).

Is it possible the Commander Pro is having an issue?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Does it while booting now, too. Also affecting 7th LL fan, but none of the other components of the Corsair ecosystem (keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, ram, AIO, or led strips). Sometimes won't do it, like right now, lol. Weird...

DevBiker is right, I had an almost identical issue and spent ages trying to figure it out. I thought fan 2 in my chain of 5 was okay since only 3,4 and 5 were flickering but turns out fan 2 was the issue. Replaced it with a new fan and problem solved, no more flickering at all.

If you have a spare fan handy that would be great, but otherwise try and re-arrange the order they are plugged into your rgb hub. From your video it looks like the fan at the top-rear of the case is not glitching like the rest? if this fan is in port 1 then I would suspect that is the faulty fan (even though it isnt flickering)

I thought the rear was doing it but I think I was just seeing a reflection from the 6th fan but no, it isn't doing it. I don't have a spare fan around but I'll start testing them to find out which one it is. What I don't understand is why it only does it sometimes, more often than not, but sometimes it won't do it. Thanks for the input.