Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i've had two sets of dom plats now and nothing but issues...last set i have 3 blown leds and now the replacement set has one white led that is a yellow...so annoying as i have to rma it and have to find another set of a ram, thinking about changing to non rgb ram but love the look of my dom plats...

Don't bother with RMA I did and got the same thing with a new kit and it was already updated and came from TAOYUAN COUNTY TW but i'm trying to work with them to fix it. I have tried reinstall the iCUE and move the RAM to another slot and got the same thing.

I got two new Corsair modules and the problem doesn't exist anymore.

old Lotcode 1920040464 with issue

new Lotcode 200900057

I have RMA'ed my Corsair Dominator platinum RGB RAM now as one of my led stopped working only after 4 weeks unacceptable for premium RAM. If I have any further issues with Corsair products I will switch to new RAM. I have also returned my Corsair RGB Lighting Node Pro as two out of the total four led strips did not work. What is going on ??? Not a happy customer...

mine have just been sent back to the store of purchase for a RMA, i am not sure if i have the balls to order a new set of Dom plats again as every set i have had i have had issues with. i know its only a cosmetic thing but i am paying good money for these modules and they keep failing. my set was CMT32GX4M4C3000C15. which meant i had to borrow a set of modules from a friend to keep my rig going, thinking about getting two sets of 2X8Gbs instead of a set of 4x8Gb to ensure if they die again i am not borrowing memory.

thoughts on this guys?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder will we have any response from Corsair on this particular issue, if I know Dominator had this kind of issue I would have stick with the Cheaper Vengeance, funny enough My Dominator also can't reach its advertised speed (3200), I have been stuck with 3000.

I'll be extra cautious with Corsair products from now on.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem! I have already exchanged the memory via Corsair. Unfortunately, the same error reappears. I think it's a software firmware problem.

Have reported here in the German forum.>Link:https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=199341

• Corsair Employee

In regards to the LEDs. At first glance it appears like faulty LEDs, I'm checking in with our memory team to see if they have any solutions. That said, it's really odd that replacement kits are also experiencing this. Does this occur on the latest version of iCUE (3.33)? Also, does the "stuck" LED follow the module if you move it to another slot?

Please continue to work with our tech support team (or your point of purchase if within your return period) for a solution in the mean time.

To address the XMP rated speed question... XMP is overclocking, in most cases it should just work, however slight differences in system configuration can cause a kit to not hit the speed it was tested/rated for. I suggest BIOS update for your motherboard if possible.

Edited by Corsair CJ

• Corsair Employee
@Corsair CJ

The current version of iCUE 3.33 is installed! Repositioning the modules on the RAM banks does not help, the bug wandered with it.

Why is only one RAM module affected?

In your situation, it looks like it could be a fault with the LED itself on that module. That said it's really odd that this is happening on a replacement kit as well. You could maybe try blowing dust out of your memory slots and/or cleaning the contacts on the module to see if that helps.

I suggest following up with our tech support team if you had worked with them before.

I switched the RAM on the board again, the error moved with it.

The cleaning of the RAM contacts brought nothing.

First one LED no longer worked correctly and now there are already two LEDs, s in the one RAM memory. It's really strange that there is such a large series spread with defective LEDs in this RAM.

Experiencing the same. Bought 8gb x 4 CMT32GX4M4C3200C16 and one led is having an issue. I RMA'ed it and bought a new one - CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16, and I thought the first one I bought just have a bad package. Lo and behold, after three days, again, one of the stick has ONE problematic LED. I even tried placing it to another system and still having the issue. Tired of going through RMA, can we just request one stick to replace the bad one?

• Corsair Employee
Experiencing the same. Bought 8gb x 4 CMT32GX4M4C3200C16 and one led is having an issue. I RMA'ed it and bought a new one - CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16, and I thought the first one I bought just have a bad package. Lo and behold, after three days, again, one of the stick has ONE problematic LED. I even tried placing it to another system and still having the issue. Tired of going through RMA, can we just request one stick to replace the bad one?

Unfortunately I don't believe our support process allows for individual modules to be replaced. It must be the entire kit (if you follow up with our support team, they'll be to answer this question for sure).

I appreciate you reporting this happening with your replacement kit. While you have it on hand, could you try the following:

Force update the firmware of the modules

Drop the brightness of the LED lighting down in "Device Settings"

The above are not suggestions for fixes, but might change the behavior of the problem LED and help with identifying what's happening on our end.

Unfortunately I don't believe our support process allows for individual modules to be replaced. It must be the entire kit (if you follow up with our support team, they'll be to answer this question for sure).

I appreciate you reporting this happening with your replacement kit. While you have it on hand, could you try the following:

Force update the firmware of the modules

Drop the brightness of the LED lighting down in "Device Settings"

The above are not suggestions for fixes, but might change the behavior of the problem LED and help with identifying what's happening on our end.

Already tried that force update and change the brightness. Even changing the light effects still when it hits the problematic led, it has a different color than it should be.

Attached photos are the two separate kits.

118795453_745131873003478_2924518312704708539_n.thumb.jpg.313407df31da3a53d2a8965fa57b912b.jpg

119646067_329942088109984_6569516589888571693_n.thumb.jpg.1900021cdc315d33305e76a5d6bfccb1.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Already tried that force update and change the brightness. Even changing the light effects still when it hits the problematic led, it has a different color than it should be.

Attached photos are the two separate kits.

Thanks for the additional info. I've forwarded this to our product team.

• 3 weeks later...
In regards to the LEDs. At first glance it appears like faulty LEDs, I'm checking in with our memory team to see if they have any solutions. That said, it's really odd that replacement kits are also experiencing this. Does this occur on the latest version of iCUE (3.33)? Also, does the "stuck" LED follow the module if you move it to another slot?

Please continue to work with our tech support team (or your point of purchase if within your return period) for a solution in the mean time.

To address the XMP rated speed question... XMP is overclocking, in most cases it should just work, however slight differences in system configuration can cause a kit to not hit the speed it was tested/rated for. I suggest BIOS update for your motherboard if possible.

after RMA i got the LED bug on the RMA set and i also tried another slot and get the same thing on the same LED. i been emailing the support team before Jun 2 2020 on this.

iCUE V.3.33.246

before and after RMA

1188888141_20200304_143040_HDR2.thumb.jpg.5e8c459928eb40d003afa909c895d65e.jpg

20200701_225706_HDR.thumb.jpg.90671c06d6069a631a7d27cf48194de6.jpg

• Corsair Employee
after RMA i got the LED bug on the RMA set and i also tried another slot and get the same thing on the same LED. i been emailing the support team before Jun 2 2020 on this.

iCUE V.3.33.246

before and after RMA

Could you PM me your ticket number?